Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

10 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Right, I made a comment comparing him to tucker Carlson. Didn't say anything political. They are both clear carnival barking idiots. I have barely been posting lately. Not sure why anyone would say my posts are political. I generally check in during storms lately, and post memes. 

The few right wing boomers on here took it as a chance to whine and make it political. 

Tiger brings up a good point about the fact I didn't need to point out he's a bad met. I posted he was idiot. Someone basically said "but his parents just died"... OK? Has nothing to do with it. 

What am I gonna do, sob and act like it makes a difference? Guy doesn't even know I exist. Like, what are we doing here?? 

Making references to political commentators is still politics and it has zero place in the wx threads. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Well, so you know, I didnt intend that. I forgot how sensitive people are now for a second. 

I got in trouble for making a side remark about Covid on Reddit and Covid wasn’t even the focus of my post, a post that actually was otherwise appropriate for the subreddit.

I don’t blame not wanting to have politics on here at all yet I also feel bad for getting reprimanded about it because it seems to me like it’s a situation of accidental offending that really is just a matter of containing subject matter in a shape and form that will carry the purpose of this site forward. Which is important cuz there ain’t no other site like it.

Who ever lost their parents I feel sad for.

7 hours ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I got in trouble for making a side remark about Covid on Reddit and Covid wasn’t even the focus of my post, a post that actually was otherwise appropriate for the subreddit.

I don’t blame not wanting to have politics on here at all yet I also feel bad for getting reprimanded about it because it seems to me like it’s a situation of accidental offending that really is just a matter of containing subject matter in a shape and form that will carry the purpose of this site forward. Which is important cuz there ain’t no other site like it.

Who ever lost their parents I feel sad for.

I agree with all of this. I was so defensive because I thought people were mad about the fact I said it had nothing to do with him as a met. I didn't even realize it had more to do with tucker Carlson comment. It wasn't even remotely meant to be political.

Oh well. I have blocked every single person that liked the post calling me an as#hole. Honestly, F them all. And one moron said I was less intelligent than tucker carlson. 

Not one person on this board was willing to stand up and make a comment about how unacceptable that was. 

Somehow that is OK though and I'm the only ended up with a warning. 

15 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Right, I made a comment comparing him to tucker Carlson. Didn't say anything political. They are both clear carnival barking idiots. I have barely been posting lately. Not sure why anyone would say my posts are political. I generally check in during storms lately, and post memes. 

The few right wing boomers on here took it as a chance to whine and make it political. 

Tiger brings up a good point about the fact I didn't need to point out he's a bad met. I posted he was idiot. Someone basically said "but his parents just died"... OK? Has nothing to do with it. 

What am I gonna do, sob and act like it makes a difference? Guy doesn't even know I exist. Like, what are we doing here?? 

Several past "How old are you" surveys here showed very few who were born 1946-64, but I guess "boomer" is a convenient pejorative.  (Note:  I've not read the posts which led to the above message and don't intend to do so.  I'm sorry you got flamed for whatever you posted, as the board should be better than that.)

50 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Hey N NH crew @alex

@PhineasC any good eats recommendations in your areas? And, any idea what’s up with Fabyan’s near BW? Looks like it’s been closed since the pandemic hit? Always had a good experience there. Anyway, thanks for any recommendations you have!

yeah, that place seems defunct to me.

I have eaten at a ton of places around here. Any preferences on what you are looking for?

We like J's Corner in Gorham as a simple, cheap, reliable spot after a long day of skiing or hiking. Food is good, there are always tables, and the service is quick. It has a decent menu.

Tuckerman's is also good further south on 16 for "general American cuisine."

Wildcat Tavern is OK, used to be better until they switched chefs. Very crowded, hard to get in sometimes. But a cool decor and some "fancier" type food for a romantic dinner.

May Kelly's Cottage has awesome Irish food and beer. Hours are super weird now. We went there twice when they said they'd be open and instead they were closed. Odd. Call ahead for sure, but worth going.

We like Recklis Brewing in Bethlehem. Also gets crowded sometimes but always a good time with good food.

I like the Glen House restaurant on 16 as well. My wife doesn't for some reason, but I do. LOL worth checking out. A little pricy.

These are some highlights. I can offer more if you have something specific in mind.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

Hey N NH crew @alex

@PhineasC any good eats recommendations in your areas? And, any idea what’s up with Fabyan’s near BW? Looks like it’s been closed since the pandemic hit? Always had a good experience there. Anyway, thanks for any recommendations you have!

Ahhhh Fabyans. Omni just doesn’t seem to be able to get their act together. Fabyans has been closed since COVID as has the Bretton Arms, and their restaurants are pretty mediocre in general in my opinion. Depends on what you’re looking for, but for amazing food, the Thompson House Eatery in Jackson is one of my favorites. Notchland Inn in Crawford Notch is awesome as well. The dining room at the Mountain View Grand has awesome views. Soooo many options! We have a pretty good list on our website - www.brettonwoodsvacations.com, look under the dining section. It’s our favorites by geographic area. There are a surprising number of great options!

• Thanks 2

I’m thinking our beloved dog is nearing the end of her life.   Last week a bout of diarrhea which we treated  per AKC guidelines.  She also threw up twice and has 0 energy.   Brought her to emergency care and vitals and blood work are normal.    But we’re coaxing her to eat anything and she’s kind of exhibiting behavior I’ve seen in humans at the end.   Still going out for a brief walk to relive herself but we’re sad knowing what’s coming.   Hopefully she rallies but I’m doubtful,   She appears to not be suffering so we’re taking it day by day.    Sad times in our home.   Unless she miraculously rallies I don’t know how I’m going to get her to manage the snow which she has always loved this weekend.   Maybe a miracle.....

• Sad 5

Random rant. I'm so done with the bank I got my truck loan through. If we were not planning to move to Maine or NH area in the summer I would just pay the thing off but want to keep the extra cash until we are settled in a new house. The bank seemed like a great local credit union, lots of stellar reviews, and gave me an awesome rate. Planned on just doing automatic payments online, nope. In order to do that, I would have to switch banks and have my paycheck direct deposited there. It's 2021 and because of their old system I cannot even transfer from my other accounts to any account on their end. Wtf

Ok...so I will have my bank send them a check each month. Two months I get a credit alert about my account. Of course I just assumed there would be no issues, lesson learned. Login to my account and I notice the checks were sent but not cashed. Print out the info, bring it to the credit union and show them the check was sent and never cashed. So now I just drive 20 minutes and hand deliver a check.

Today, I get a phone call saying they need the title for my truck ASAP or they will call back the loan and repo my truck. When registering my truck, the RMV took the title and said they would be sending the new one to the bank. So now my morning has just gone to ____. I call the RMV, almost 2-hours on hold, the RMV rep says she can see the electronic title sent to the bank's account, gave me all the account and title number info. I call the bank back, rep says "Oh weird, I will have to keep looking on my end then."  

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Random rant. I'm so done with the bank I got my truck loan through. If we were not planning to move to Maine or NH area in the summer I would just pay the thing off but want to keep the extra cash until we are settled in a new house. The bank seemed like a great local credit union, lots of stellar reviews, and gave me an awesome rate. Planned on just doing automatic payments online, nope. In order to do that, I would have to switch banks and have my paycheck direct deposited there. It's 2021 and because of their old system I cannot even transfer from my other accounts to any account on their end. Wtf

Ok...so I will have my bank send them a check each month. Two months I get a credit alert about my account. Of course I just assumed there would be no issues, lesson learned. Login to my account and I notice the checks were sent but not cashed. Print out the info, bring it to the credit union and show them the check was sent and never cashed. So now I just drive 20 minutes and hand deliver a check.

Today, I get a phone call saying they need the title for my truck ASAP or they will call back the loan and repo my truck. When registering my truck, the RMV took the title and said they would be sending the new one to the bank. So now my morning has just gone to ____. I call the RMV, almost 2-hours on hold, the RMV rep says she can see the electronic title sent to the bank's account, gave me all the account and title number info. I call the bank back, rep says "Oh weird, I will have to keep looking on my end then."  

Yikes.  I've always had better luck with credit unions than banks.  Having said that, a good friend of mine used to audit credit unions for the Feds.  He said the really small ones weren't always the most "professional" outfits.

22 hours ago, weathafella said:

I’m thinking our beloved dog is nearing the end of her life.   Last week a bout of diarrhea which we treated  per AKC guidelines.  She also threw up twice and has 0 energy.   Brought her to emergency care and vitals and blood work are normal.    But we’re coaxing her to eat anything and she’s kind of exhibiting behavior I’ve seen in humans at the end.   Still going out for a brief walk to relive herself but we’re sad knowing what’s coming.   Hopefully she rallies but I’m doubtful,   She appears to not be suffering so we’re taking it day by day.    Sad times in our home.   Unless she miraculously rallies I don’t know how I’m going to get her to manage the snow which she has always loved this weekend.   Maybe a miracle.....

Well somehow she rallied today and is >50% back to normal.  So happy but guarded in ur expectations.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PowderBeard said:

I run into issues like this ALL THE TIME now. I spend half my work day chasing people and information, parts etc and hear the same thing..."thats weird, I'll have to check and get back to you" So So many non qualified people doing jobs they don't stay in long enough to learn...or give a shit about. We pay the price

1 hour ago, UnitedWx said:

I run into issues like this ALL THE TIME now. I spend half my work day chasing people and information, parts etc and hear the same thing..."thats weird, I'll have to check and get back to you" So So many non qualified people doing jobs they don't stay in long enough to learn...or give a shit about. We pay the price

That was my take away. Had to wake up early to catch up on work I had planned to get done yesterday. I don't understand how they have been in busy for decades operating like this.