Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
11/26-11/27 Rain Ending as Snow Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only had 1/2” and some has sublimated. I think what happened is you needed to be east of the Tolland spine with the wind being due west. What looked like was falling here , was actually being blown ENE . I’m right on the spine . 

I had right idea but yeah that can happen. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only had 1/2” and some has sublimated. I think what happened is you needed to be east of the Tolland spine with the wind being due west. What looked like was falling here , was actually being blown ENE . I’m right on the spine . 

That's exactly what it looked like. I went through Vernon and up towards Uconn. I went by your exit and up a hill and all of a sudden there was a ton more snow in just a few hundred yards

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

That's exactly what it looked like. I went through Vernon and up towards Uconn. I went by your exit and up a hill and all of a sudden there was a ton more snow in just a few hundred yards

Well Vernon is generally low elevation town except towards the Bolton line. I grew up there. Uconn area in Storrs can actually do well sometimes with sneaky elevation 

41 minutes ago, dryslot said:

image.thumb.jpeg.61ef78d4b9f5e3ace38795c39921e889.jpeg

Almost enough for decent tracking and more than here.  RA changed to snow about 1:30 yesterday afternoon and continued thru 8 PM but only 0.2" accum.  Was a drippy late afternoon in the woods.  Saw 4"+ in Waldo County but even Temple at 1220' had only 0.9".  East (or mountains, or north) was best.

• Like 1