• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
11/26-11/27 Rain Ending as Snow Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

• 40/70 Benchmark changed the title to 11/26-11/27 Rain Ending as Snow Obs/Disco
1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wonder Will’s thoughts 

I’ll be happy with C-1”. These don’t usually produce well on W wind. Your area may do a bit better...and esp hubbdave’s region on the other side of the ORH hills spine. They could grab a couple inches and it wouldnt shock me. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Melting layer suggesting we may even flip for a bit in this heavier burst of precip.

Switched to mainly wet flakes here about 1:30, though precip has been light since arriving about noon.  Flakes melting on contact in mid-30s temps, but first time this season I've seen them in the air, rather than on windshields from overnight.  Baby steps

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’ll be happy with C-1”. These don’t usually produce well on W wind. Your area may do a bit better...and esp hubbdave’s region on the other side of the ORH hills spine. They could grab a couple inches and it wouldnt shock me. 

Timing wise .. you think this comes like mainly after dark? It’s close to flipping now , but radar kind of starts and stops 36.5

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Timing wise .. you think this comes like mainly after dark? It’s close to flipping now , but radar kind of starts and stops 36.5

Yeah the comma head precip tries to rejuvenate late this PM and evening. So that’s when the best chance for any accumulation would be. If this ULL was like 100 miles south I’d be a lot more bullish but as is, it’s kind of too little too late but maybe enough for a quick burst of steadier snow.