CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

19 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

feel free to point out where i'm wrong. thanks <3

Factually you’re not wrong.

However, it’s quite clear that the context of your posts is to ruffle some feathers of the winter weather lovers.

Sure, none of us can wish the weather we want into existence but thanks to Bing Crosby, Norman Rockwell, and the Little Ice Age some people feel comfort and nostalgic about a “White Christmas”, especially considering how shitty life has been for some the last couple of years.

I live near Narragansett Bay so my chances of snow on the ground or it snowing on Christmas are less likely than @Typhoon Tipgeting his point across in three sentences or less, so it’s really no sweat off my back to see it being a low probability of it being snowy around the holidays.

Your 850mb anomaly map wrapped with a heart instead of a bow was more meant to antagonize the board than factualize the forecast. Feel free to point out I’m wrong <3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

gets parts of Maine really good

If we can get that northern stream s/w to continue digging south, It is possible that we could get some phasing with the southern stream s/w that's moving north just off shore, That is a pretty potent bowling ball off the Carolina's.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

grown adults throwing tantrums because someone won't tell them what they want to hear about the WEATHER. lol

Dude, I want you to be a part of our group and talk about weather but you are shooting your self in the foot if you troll people. If in doubt, try mixing your contributions to positives about the weather, not just negatives. Like, I will find things to try and bring a positive spin on the pattern or find hope for pattern changes in the future. I don’t know most of your posts in the past but it’s clear you’re managing to get on peoples nerves today.

Youre not bothering me but I’m not going to stand here and watch you alienate yourself from people who share your interests. I won’t stand for it.

42 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Dude, I want you to be a part of our group and talk about weather but you are shooting your self in the foot if you troll people. If in doubt, try mixing your contributions to positives about the weather, not just negatives. Like, I will find things to try and bring a positive spin on the pattern or find hope for pattern changes in the future. I don’t know most of your posts in the past but it’s clear you’re managing to get on peoples nerves today.

Youre not bothering me but I’m not going to stand here and watch you alienate yourself from people who share your interests. I won’t stand for it.

if anything mild and nice weather is a very positive outlook.  snow/cold freaks enjoy the negative side of life and outcomes. people conflate the weather they want as the only acceptable banter and weather talk, and will do anything to control the narrative in that sense.  it sucks when certain people want to silence others, honestly.

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If we do get a bit of snow, should be a festive afternoon with temps rising and dripping everywhere. Snow will be going away quickly 

What a total DEBBIE.  It’s 6 days away…you don’t know what it’s gonna do, or how it’s gonna trend.  The -NAO may continue to push more cold in?   God you’re insufferable. 

5 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

if anything mild and nice weather is a very positive outlook.  snow/cold freaks enjoy the negative side of life and outcomes. people conflate the weather they want as the only acceptable banter and weather talk, and will do anything to control the narrative in that sense.  it sucks when certain people want to silence others, honestly.

People get killed in major winter storms. Which means we are actually rooting for the deaths of people. Actually, this sort of bothered me out west when I was just a teenager. Lots of places for people to get stuck far from civilization before the ubiquity of cellphones and GPS. Lots of curvy cliffy roads for vehicles to slide off of. 

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

People get killed in major winter storms. Which means we are actually rooting for the deaths of people. Actually, this sort of bothered me out west when I was just a teenager. Lots of places for people to get stuck far from civilization before the ubiquity of cellphones and GPS. Lots of curvy cliffy roads for vehicles to slide off of. 

Heat kills a large number of people...  I'm sure you know that.  Never mind things like mosquito borne illnesses, etc.

• Thanks 1