Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

That is an ugly look at day 10....Even some negatives showing up in Alaska with a massive -PNA. Thank God it is a snap shot of the GFS

That’s definitely a possibility but it doesn’t happen very often. You usually need a big phasing event. 

• Like 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

:lol:….. wouldn’t that be something. Pattern turns to trash before it even gets good 

All kidding aside we have been saying we need to shake it up. Christmas and the event after are chances, but I think especially for you and I, we need that trough to go east a tad and it will. I know people attend getting antsy, but nothing you can do. Give it time.

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We actually saw the NAO kind of merge with higher heights in the east in December 2012 for a time. 

And my recollection is January had periods of major torching but February and March redeemed that winter big time.  Either way-looking more and more like I’ll spend some time in key west late winter-probably early to mid March.

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That was when Will was trying to tell me that life is good. Don’t do it. 

18 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

:lol:….. wouldn’t that be something. Pattern turns to trash before it even gets good 

You coastal guys are due for a few more disaster systems. We’ll chew on 12/26/12 and 12/29/12 while you wait for the PNA to get better. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

All kidding aside we have been saying we need to shake it up. Christmas and the event after are chances, but I think especially for you and I, we need that trough to go east a tad and it will. I know people attend getting antsy, but nothing you can do. Give it time.

Shake it up to more dog dung? Awesome :lol:

• Weenie 2

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

didnt one of those that have that nasty east west gradient rain/snow line basically straddling Boston right down 24. 

Yep. So at the time I lived in Dorchester. I was the middle finger epicenter from 10/29/11 right into that last event 12/29/12.  I don’t know what happened, but at some point the south coast was flipping to snow while this marine finger of bullshit pivoted in Boston. It was a brutal stretch. It ended shortly after though. 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I don’t recall the 26th here… we did okay on the 29tg though…. I wouldn’t expect to be so lucky this time 

That was a longitude event.  I lived a few blocks from wxniss and we met for a walk while it was pounding.  After about 45 minutes it was pouring rain but the event got rescued as we went back to snow 2 hours later.  I think my current location got around 8 inches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

That was a longitude event.  I lived a few blocks from wxniss and we met for a walk while it was pounding.  After about 45 minutes it was pouring rain but the event got rescued as we went back to snow 2 hours later.  I think my current location got around 8 inches.

I never switched to rain at my prior location in west Taunton near Norton. Bob rained in east Taunton for a while if I recall