Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Low was 7.0°F this morning, A little snow pack makes a difference.

LEW's UHI.  :lol:   Dipped to -3 here.  Hoping the firs will remain loaded thru Wednesday morning for the grandkids to see, as there hasn't been a flake at their SNJ home.  They're planning to arrive tomorrow, but it will be after dark.

• Like 1

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

We do need the rain, so…

It's so freaking pathetic how we can't get anything to work right for us. Actually have a decent shot for some phasing for once (and closer t o "perfect" than we've had) and what happens...we have a shitty airmass. So much for a "negative NAO".

This just further proves that there is alot more to things than whatever phase a certain teleconnection is in. The structure and where core anomalies are situated are a million times more important than whatever something is just positive or negative. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It's so freaking pathetic how we can't get anything to work right for us. Actually have a decent shot for some phasing for once (and closer t o "perfect" than we've had) and what happens...we have a shitty airmass. So much for a "negative NAO".

This just further proves that there is alot more to things than whatever phase a certain teleconnection is in. The structure and where core anomalies are situated are a million times more important than whatever something is just positive or negative. 

This proves that the Pacific is more important. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Anytime the pattern isn't perfect, there is a chance that it doesn't work out, but there are plenty of instances of RNA/-NAO working out around here.

You just can’t have the pna so negative. A weak pna would have made a huge difference in this current pattern 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

This proves that the Pacific is more important. 

I do agree the Pacific does hold more weight overall, however, that's not always 100% definitive. There are times where (b/c of our latitude...more us than you) that the Arctic can be a significant influence. At the end of the day there are alot more factors and influences to consider than just Arctic/Pacific but those are the go to b/c they're "easy to assess". But in this case and to your previous post...a better positioned PNA would have could have helped but I think the evolution of that southern stream s/w is what gets us.

• Like 1

Tuesday night and Wednesday is a funky adventure into chances for a mixed bag clipping my neighborhood.

This has just come into better focus today and I am going to acknowledge there really is a slight chance of snow with this. I am not the only person who thinks this. Not much if any, but what if the current air mass is not fully appreciated. There’s a low of 29 Tuesday night where I live and I’m off Wednesday.

It’s not entirely impossible. NAM throws no bones though, but it was quite chilly this morning.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Anytime the pattern isn't perfect, there is a chance that it doesn't work out, but there are plenty of instances of RNA/-NAO working out around here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....many of our most prolific stretches have come during -PNA/-NAO patterns.

• Like 4

Is the majority of the initial cyclogenesis tied into the beginning of phasing or perhaps more of a byproduct of the gulf Stream? Maybe that northern stream vort is just a bit too strong as well here but this stupid zonal flow we have right now is probably the ultimate demise. nice airmass overhead now but that quickly gets shunted east. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, George001 said:

From what I saw on the models I’m going to double down, I will be surprised if we get out of December without a 12+ inch storm in eastern mass. I believed in that last week, and I’m not going to give up over a couple bad OP runs. 

i believe in Santa, but that doesn't mean that he is going to plummet down my chimney on Saturday.

• Haha 1