Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

This system actually has a pretty well defined inverted trough feature. Not just defined at the sfc either but pretty stout well through the llvls. Also looks like there may be multiple llvl convergence zones at play here. northern tip of Maine where nobody lives may do well. 

Now I feel better.

:axe:

• Haha 2

Just now, dryslot said:

To bad the air mass is so iffy though for the 24-25th.

Airmass is decent for 12/24....but questionable for 12/25. IF 12/24 comes in south, that also helps for 12/25. There's several moving parts...12/22 affects these too.

Euro run is south of 00z for 12/25 but still too far north for most of SNE.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Airmass is decent for 12/24....but questionable for 12/25. IF 12/24 comes in south, that also helps for 12/25. There's several moving parts...12/22 affects these too.

Euro run is south of 00z for 12/25 but still too far north for most of SNE.

24th looks moisture starved so mainly a dusting unless it can gather some moisture coming across the lakes, 25th seems to push the warmer air out ahead of it but does have more moisture to work with too, But the eventual tracks for these are TBD,  But there is a lot of time left to see how it all shakes out once the 22nd system gets resolved.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

24th looks moisture starved so mainly a dusting unless it can gather some moisture coming across the lakes, 25th seems to push the warmer air out ahead of it but does have more moisture to work with too, But the eventual tracks for these are TBD,  But there is a lot of time left to see how it all shakes out once the 22nd system gets resolved.

24th could give a couple inches if the energy ejected is a little stronger ala GFS (lesser extent the GGEM)....Euro and Ukie are pretty weak with it...not a good kink in the isoheights.

The stronger the shortwave on the 24th, the colder Xmas will be too because it lowers the heights behind it a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

24th could give a couple inches if the energy ejected is a little stronger ala GFS (lesser extent the GGEM)....Euro and Ukie are pretty weak with it...not a good kink in the isoheights.

The stronger the shortwave on the 24th, the colder Xmas will be too because it lowers the heights behind it a bit.

This is true.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm just going to wait until tomorrow and see how everything looks. I am so sick of blogging for like .2" of snowfall.

It also didn't quite phase or have the storm as intense on the 22 which is sort of a key thing too. But, I am sort of encouraged to see the other guidance show  some holiday cheer and I'm waiting to see what the EPS does

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It also didn't quite phase or have the storm as intense on the 22 which is sort of a key thing too. But, I am sort of encouraged to see the other guidance show  some holiday cheer and I'm waiting to see what the EPS does

Euro has been off its game too, So will have to wait a couple more cycles.