Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December 2021 Medium/Long Range Discussion Thread

North Balti Zen

18 minutes ago, CAPE said:

This is why I almost exclusively post about the synoptics using the ensembles. Op runs are practically useless at this range.

lets hope the OP runs are useless because they look pretty horrific right now....even post Christmas

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Quasievil said:

From a cursory analysis this far out, grain of salt type stuff, L sitting over Great Lakes kills the storm on the CMC:

messages_0.thumb.png.283d927ab96e36259becbe7f8ec4ca46.png

12Z GFS is further north so the storm can happen, although it's warm. That GLL needs to get the heck outta here for any chance.

923971318_messages_0(1).thumb.png.d0061d76f1466012e9d65ec20ea1465f.png

We all know where this is headed, but I am hopeful

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Quasievil said:

From a cursory analysis this far out, grain of salt type stuff, L sitting over Great Lakes kills the storm on the CMC:

messages_0.thumb.png.283d927ab96e36259becbe7f8ec4ca46.png

12Z GFS is further north so the storm can happen, although it's warm. That GLL needs to get the heck outta here for any chance.

923971318_messages_0(1).thumb.png.d0061d76f1466012e9d65ec20ea1465f.png

I’d think that a low in the lakes only aids in keeping the flow sw and causing it to be warm. I’d think suppressed vs amped would depend only upon the h5 setup

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’d think that a low in the lakes only aids in keeping the flow sw and causing it to be warm. I’d think suppressed vs amped would depend only upon the h5 setup

The NS energy is stronger with a much sharper shortwave this run. That induces a low pressure at the surface over the GLs and also causes the coastal low to form further north as that sharp shortwave goes negative. This "trend" shows up on the 12z ensemble run as well.

NS dominance with coastal lows forming to our NE in a Nina... a shocker!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Really

This Again?-pattern change just a month away. Probably the most over stated yet under occurrent statement that gets made here, along with the 360 GFS always showing a big winter event 

It’s only about 6 weeks away…6 weeks after that it’s spring.  

22 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Really

This Again?-pattern change just a month away. Probably the most over stated yet under occurrent statement that gets made here, along with the 360 GFS always showing a big winter event 

Not for nothing, even with AGW, it probably will NOT be 55-60 for highs from here to March, so, yes, at some pojnt, there will be a pattern change.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Really

So what qualifies as a pattern change and what entity determines such? You? A 10 day global mean? We talking advertised or verified? Be more specific. 

I am thinking there is no real intended substance here. Just another shit post from you.

• Like 4

Really

The pattern has changed several times since nov1. But no snow for you

From a respected met is this interesting roll forward analysis.  This December appears to finish with a  -NAO/-PNA combo. He stated that 

" Januaries that historically followed Decembers with a -NAO/-PNA featured favorable patterns for the E US with a significant west-based -NAO:

ZUAvAOMOPD.png

2SZAckKECx.png

• Like 3

• mappy unpinned this topic