Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

4 minutes ago, nutmegfriar said:

Ryan calling out the regurgitators.

While right to say it he is unfortunately futile for the effort, for there is no audience in social mediasphere available to really hear that message. 

It would be like trying to penetrate some street corner heroin addict's mind with wellness rhetoric.  The charts and graphics?  They are either the needle, or the junk in the needle.  The feed-back on line from others also seeking' the push', bouncing back and forth between ... ever amplifying the fever-pitch? That is the act of plunging the syringe. 

It is all part of the same force that was outlined in "60 Minutes" expose' ... or NETFLIX' "The Social Dilemma"  - this in here?  It's just our brand. 

...So, it's a societal problem ..which this can go off at tangent indefinitely at this point heh.  I mean, the Internet, and the vastness of how it touches all using tech related direct, or indirectly to it, now pushes the motifs to modalities infinitum .. to the point where quantifiable it is most probably the most extraordinary thing Humanity has ever contrived - and we don't even know it for being in the weeds (feels too good to question anyway - right?)  We are living the greatest dystopian ( or utopian - verdict is still out...) novel that never was actually written.

I don't mean to excoriate any one "user" in our midst - lol.  Lord knows, I sense/feel a charge out of a deep digging winter trough, just as well...  But there is a difference between feeling that sense of awe and wanting to experience x-y-z, vs a tendency to shuck rationalism, and/or any dissenting opinions that even 'sound objective,' in lieu of re-enforcing bias ahead of time.  Sorry, that is creating a delusion - almost by proper definition. Create a bubble of constant fascination to fixate within a framework of less-likely plausibility, just like these expose' evince, is an escape ... into a psychotropic high. 

And yet another tangential:   there is no consequence in lingering there in a modern industrial-mollycoddled assumption of security.  This is a problem... I love discussing this stuff and I realize this is probably not appropriate here, but the over-arching "buy-in" to the media is apropos. I digress..

Still, much of the leading proportionality was well met for SE zones - that's the enabling lie.  "It wasn't that I believe the fever-pitch; it just didn't penetrate as far"

I mean it's easy to sense ( thus) why folks get palpably pissed-off ( ...though think they are hiding it heh -) when 4 days before a modeled winter storm, the models so much as hint the bubble might deflate.  In some sense of it, the actual storm its self is less important than the bubble of excitement created ahead of time - you pop that bubble, oh boy ... It sets off Facebook fights and Twitter rages, or trolling ... far worse than any storm fashioned by careful selection of graphics and dystopia feed-back loops

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Truly incredible how close I was to a major event. You have Scott in an apocalyptic storm miles away, wasn't even all that bad here, and we aren't even that far from one another. Minor bummer, but didn't lose Power

Worse to my south. Reminds me of 2019 when we got rocked, but Braintree a few miles west didn't have much. 

At my folks on generator so I can work, but Phil stopped by here too.

42 minutes ago, kdxken said:

How does iceberg's ass taste? Are you having it with your morning IPA? Clueless drunk...

lol damn. I do eat healthy though so he's getting a good meal. I wasn't the only one, many of us inland folks said to take the under on those silly wind clown maps away from the coast.

It's all fun and games though imo. I like the weenie battles.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nutmegfriar said:

Ryan calling out the regurgitators.

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s directed mostly at one weenie east of hfd.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Actually no it’s not. We’ve been texting all morning. It’s another individual in S CT

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

So calling his original wind forecast map a “clueless drunk” was water under the bridge?

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Wait? Some Bozo said just yesterday they fixed those?

Ryan lives in the valley and never gets wind. I don't think the numbers he posted where that far off. 

Screenshot_20211027-121407_Chrome.jpg