Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,118
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SCseminole
    Newest Member
    SCseminole
    Joined

Met Summer Banter


HoarfrostHubb
 Share

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Turns out it belongs to the drummer from Phish so he probably doesn’t care about the $$. 

I was wondering if that was one of the Phish guy's place.  I vaguely remember knowing that at least one of those guys lived south of Burlington in that general area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah the snowfall in inches may be a bit higher than down south but the snow preservation is horrific.  Great area for squalls and a lot of light snowfalls, but pack building it is not, lol.

The price on that place seems surprisingly reasonable for 3,300 square feet.

I wonder why there is an HOA fee ($300/mo)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

My sisters in Cape Neddick, we want to be somewhat close to her.

My sister in law lived near Lake Arrowhead in Waterboro for about 5 years, very nice community in the woods with lake access, but probably an hour from Cape Neddick.  There's also some nice places in North Berwick.

One dog has always been sufficient for us, but the grandkids get to play with scads of puppies.  The SNJ branch of the family is doing "transfer" duty for Crockettdoodle pups, acclimatizing the pups after leaving mom but before they're singled out to the new owners.  I think this was the week they had 13 Bernadoodles - poodle/Bernese Mt Dog crosses and about 15 lb each, high end weight for the species they've had.  #2 granddaughter (the hen whisperer) is in her glory.  :D

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tamarack said:

My sister in law lived near Lake Arrowhead in Waterboro for about 5 years, very nice community in the woods with lake access, but probably an hour from Cape Neddick.  There's also some nice places in North Berwick.

One dog has always been sufficient for us, but the grandkids get to play with scads of puppies.  The SNJ branch of the family is doing "transfer" duty for Crockettdoodle pups, acclimatizing the pups after leaving mom but before they're singled out to the new owners.  I think this was the week they had 13 Bernadoodles - poodle/Bernese Mt Dog crosses and about 15 lb each, high end weight for the species they've had.  #2 granddaughter (the hen whisperer) is in her glory.  :D

We looked in North Berwick and like some areas, it's also 10-15 minutes from my sisters and not far from the beaches.

I use to always have two dogs but after I lost the last one my brother adopted a dog so my dog and his dog play every night then we take them for a walk so she has a playmate. He takes my dog when we go on vacation so it works out great.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mreaves said:

I was wondering if that was one of the Phish guy's place.  I vaguely remember knowing that at least one of those guys lived south of Burlington in that general area.

Jon Fishman owns a few houses.  At least two in Vermont and one in Maine. 

I wonder if those beautiful drum kits come with the house?  :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

1961

I remember it well.  All started with a sweep of Detroit at the stadium.  Tigers were also having an amazing season.   The Friday night game was won on an infield hit by Mickey (edit-it was Moose).   By mid month Detroit was far behind.  5 game easy WS against the reds.   The 1961 Yankees were an amazing team.   I went to as many games as possible.   Bus to NYC then A train express to 145th.   Switch to local and get off at 155th and take the D to 161st in thee Bronx.    
 

I remember one game Maris hit his 51st and 52nd and Mantle also went deep.    City was electric.  We get on the bus back to Jersey and the bus driver and passengers getting the details.  Fun times.   That team was a juggernaut.    This year somehow everything seems to be falling together and I’m not sure how but I’ll take it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I remember it well.  All started with a sweep of Detroit at the stadium.  Tigers were also having an amazing season.   The Friday night game was won on an infield hit by Mickey (edit-it was Moose).   By mid month Detroit was far behind.  5 game easy WS against the reds.   The 1961 Yankees were an amazing team.   I went to as many games as possible.   Bus to NYC then A train express to 145th.   Switch to local and get off at 155th and take the D to 161st in thee Bronx.    
 

I remember one game Maris hit his 51st and 52nd and Mantle also went deep.    City was electric.  We get on the bus back to Jersey and the bus driver and passengers getting the details.  Fun times.   That team was a juggernaut.    This year somehow everything seems to be falling together and I’m not sure how but I’ll take it.

I was 4 and a half my first Yankee games. I remember my awe seeing Mantle like 10 feet from me pre game. Very young but aware of the super team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I remember it well.  All started with a sweep of Detroit at the stadium.  Tigers were also having an amazing season.   The Friday night game was won on an infield hit by Mickey (edit-it was Moose).   By mid month Detroit was far behind.  5 game easy WS against the reds.   The 1961 Yankees were an amazing team.   I went to as many games as possible.   Bus to NYC then A train express to 145th.   Switch to local and get off at 155th and take the D to 161st in thee Bronx.    
 

I remember one game Maris hit his 51st and 52nd and Mantle also went deep.    City was electric.  We get on the bus back to Jersey and the bus driver and passengers getting the details.  Fun times.   That team was a juggernaut.    This year somehow everything seems to be falling together and I’m not sure how but I’ll take it.

Saw Maris hit 41, 47, 48. For 41 we were walking to our seats and only saw the last few yards of the 1st-inning 3-run soft liner as it passed a couple feet above the low fence near the RF foul pole.  (Twins pitcher Camilo Pascual said it hit the pole.)  Undoubtedly the shortest of his 61, hitting the pole at 296'.  Game ended on a 3-run walkoff by Johnny Blanchard, one of 2 he hit in a 3-game period.  Mick had just been picked off 3rd with 2 outs but managed to get back to the bag safely in the rundown attempt.  Then Blanchard hit a screamer to right, looked like a game-winning single at first, then a line-out right at the right fielder, before carrying well into the mezzanine deck, landing far under the font of deck #3.
That was August 4 and 12 days later our beach-sponsored trip had us in the LF upper deck, and we watched 2 Maris dingers land in the 1st row of the RF upper deck.  Box score pbp says 1st one was right-center, 2nd one RF, but from our vantage point the two looked like twins (against CHW this time) and maybe hitting the same [empty] seat. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I’m going to be sanitizing my well tomorrow night. ( aka I’m going to dump a few gallons of bleach down the well and run all my faucets and taps until I smell chlorine).

Ive heard varying opinions on running it through the water softener. People say the bleach can ruin the resin, others say it’s pointless to sanitize the well if you aren’t going to do the softener too. 
 

i ultimately find it hard to believe some diluted household bleach is going to do a lot of damage to the softener.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So I’m going to be sanitizing my well tomorrow night. ( aka I’m going to dump a few gallons of bleach down the well and run all my faucets and taps until I smell chlorine).

Ive heard varying opinions on running it through the water softener. People say the bleach can ruin the resin, others say it’s pointless to sanitize the well if you aren’t going to do the softener too. 
 

i ultimately find it hard to believe some diluted household bleach is going to do a lot of damage to the softener.

How many gallons is your well? I think I’ve read 1gal/200gal and to dilute it with water before pouring it in to avoid any possible pipe corrosion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before we got the reverse osmosis filter plus softener last year, we had to shock our dug well 2 different times when tests showed some nasty bacteria.  Same principle, dump chlorine bleach into the well (reservoir in the 4-ft tubs was 400-500 gallons) and run faucets until each had the aroma, then let it sit overnight.  In the morning we had to run the system until we couldn't smell chlorine, took 60-90 minutes.  Fortunately the well sits on a permanent (so far) spring so all we drew out was constantly being replaced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

caldor fire  keeps creeping east

 

That smoke in Tahoe has been wild.  I know most of the ski areas have had to shut down all summer activities due to poor air quality.  That’s a huge economical hit for all businesses in the Tahoe summer tourism season to get that in August.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

How many gallons is your well? I think I’ve read 1gal/200gal and to dilute it with water before pouring it in to avoid any possible pipe corrosion.

 

4 hours ago, tamarack said:

Before we got the reverse osmosis filter plus softener last year, we had to shock our dug well 2 different times when tests showed some nasty bacteria.  Same principle, dump chlorine bleach into the well (reservoir in the 4-ft tubs was 400-500 gallons) and run faucets until each had the aroma, then let it sit overnight.  In the morning we had to run the system until we couldn't smell chlorine, took 60-90 minutes.  Fortunately the well sits on a permanent (so far) spring so all we drew out was constantly being replaced.

Thanks. I’m just going to run it through the softener as well. It’s 180 feet deep… so I’d assume a couple hundred gallons… I’ll probably on do 1 gallon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

 

Thanks. I’m just going to run it through the softener as well. It’s 180 feet deep… so I’d assume a couple hundred gallons… I’ll probably on do 1 gallon 

If you check this site there is a volume calculator and quite a bit more...

https://extension.uga.edu/publications/detail.html?number=C858-4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That smoke in Tahoe has been wild.  I know most of the ski areas have had to shut down all summer activities due to poor air quality.  That’s a huge economical hit for all businesses in the Tahoe summer tourism season to get that in August.

this gets closer to Tahoe and it could be trouble, already close to Strawberry, a nice little town I visited with my kids often when I lived in Sacramento.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Mine came from Arkansas,  my brothers from Tennesee, lot of dogs from the south end up here.

The south is a shit hole when it comes to dogs. The stories I could tell from the over 70 fosters we have had, all from the south. The Hurricane Harvey puppies we had were left in a crate in a flooding house almost drowned. Our Mia the Pit Chocolate Lab was thrown out of a pickup truck with her puppies and on and on..

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...