Total Members
    Most Online
    Enzo Campetella
    Newest Member
    Enzo Campetella
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

That's my total for June - terrible timing for a dry spell.  Well-rooted plants in August can tolerate a lot more dry than new seeds/seedlings just put in the ground.  Average (including this year) precip YTD is 19.5", 2021 is at 13.1".

Yeah I’ve been out there watering the garden, pawpaws, and new grapes daily. Everything is okay so far, but it’s a pain dragging the hose 125ft out there.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dendrite said:

75/45

Top 10er. Glad we live here today. 

Perfect day.  Bob Ross happy little clouds in the sky, good visibility over to MWN, Killington, Whiteface, and Quebec.

60F up at the picnic tables with a breeze keeping it bug free.

Haven't golfed yet this season but this weather is making me want to put the clubs in the car.

• Like 1

Definitely seemed like the top layer of soil was dry when I left Randolph. It hasn't rained since then, so it's a dry spell for the gardeners I guess.

There is a lot of ground water there in spring and early summer so not too worried about the well at this point. Worry will start in September if the rain has not materialized. Sure hope it isn't waiting for Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas again.

Everything still looks green, but it is starting to get that baked look a little. 

The CoC brochure definitely did not say to expect weeks and weeks of bright sun and dry conditions in elevated sections of Coos County during the summer. Winter in San Diego conditions.

I definitely never anticipated these extended dry spells when I bought there. The historical record made it clear that regular light precipitation is the norm there. What a run of dry since April 2020.

7 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Definitely seemed like the top layer of soil was dry when I left Randolph. It hasn't rained since then, so it's a dry spell for the gardeners I guess.

There is a lot of ground water there in spring and early summer so not too worried about the well at this point. Worry will start in September if the rain has not materialized. Sure hope it isn't waiting for Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas again.

Everything still looks green, but it is starting to get that baked look a little. 

The CoC brochure definitely did not say to expect weeks and weeks of bright sun and dry conditions in elevated sections of Coos County during the summer. Winter in San Diego conditions.

I definitely never anticipated these extended dry spells when I bought there. The historical record made it clear that regular light precipitation is the norm there. What a run of dry since April 2020.

Congrats 

12mPDeptNH.png

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh boy another gorgeous morning. Azure blue sky with wispy cirrus. Low dews and absolute stillness. 

20210613_071358.jpg

51 for the low here, currently a light fog with the sun breaking through....birds chirping in all directions

Let's keep this going all summer please....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Looks potentially wet tomorrow.