• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021 Atlantic Hurricane season

4 hours ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Me neither!  Must be a new type of differential equation.  After all, it was the least favorite course I took towards obtaining my meteorological degree...aside from Calc II.  Then again, I’m not sure anyone could decipher it. 

I believe it's that New alien, Common Core Maff I've been hearing about?  Anyhoo BOT.. Interesting Analyses, We here in SENC up too OBX Coast(s) have had, about our wettest Summer eva, and Lotsa QPF could be our demise,, Dennis/Floyd esq, type stuff,, In other words extreme flooding very possible..   If some of those Forecast tracks, come to pass..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AmpedVort said:

I have no clue as well. Some discussion on the topic "match" the numbers to a logical meaning. Like a game or something... Obviously somebody is throwing wrecking balls in here but it is not me believe me! :)

Idk man, seems a little NUTS. N = Nobody U = Understands T= The hell your S= Saying. 

• Like 1

Starting to get interesting for sure. The convective envelope could stand to improve further, but clearly it is trying as I type this. As has been said earlier, let's see if some good bursting today can tighten up that broader low level circulation. There's some nice convection trying within the eastern region of the low level spin. This may go through genesis as it is moving through the Lesser Antilles. Would not be surprised to see PTC advisories as early as this afternoon.
dba8309da733c581e8248e2b9381f8db.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Floydbuster said:

I definitely think we could see a tropical storm out of this. The longer-range ensembles seem to like the wave leaving Africa this week as a potential Caribbean cruiser and much stronger. We're getting closer to the active times for sure.

We are still at least a week before a potential US landfall tho

Long time lurker, just trying to follow the upcoming systems cause I'll be in the Outer Banks next week.

Who is moderating this thread? Why do we keep having to read nonsense from AmpedVort and VortAmp? This thread has become unreadable at this point. 

Thanks, I'll go back to lurking now. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kristospherein said:

Long time lurker, just trying to follow the upcoming systems cause I'll be in the Outer Banks next week.

Who is moderating this thread? Why do we keep having to read nonsense from AmpedVort and VortAmp? This thread has become unreadable at this point. 

Thanks, I'll go back to lurking now. 

The ignore button does exist. Also Vortamp/AmpedVort chill a little please you don't have to but I think people might like you more on this thread if you did. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Keep this thread on topic. It's a hurricane season pinned thread, not post about winter and whatever else pops into your head thread. Please report stoopidity so that it can be removed as soon as possible. 

Now.....back to your regular scheduled program  ;) 

Thank you. As a lurker, I'm not familiar with the ignore button but will take a look for the future. 

To keep things on target, Panovich is predicting that Invest 94-L will become a tropical depression or storm soon (no time frame but he's usually pretty cautious with his meteorological language).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Keep this thread on topic. It's a hurricane season pinned thread, not post about winter and whatever else pops into your head thread. Please report stoopidity so that it can be removed as soon as possible. 

Now.....back to your regular scheduled program  ;) 

Thank you for this message because even though I don't post much, I still enjoy the topic when it hasn't been taken over by off topic or spammy information. I will report anything suspicious if it pops up as I think that person may have returned under another account. 

1) 94L looks good but arc clouds on visible suggests dry air issues and it doesn't quite look closed..  I still suspect a PTC in 90 minutes for Martinique and St. Lucia TS advisories.

2) GFS catches every hill in Puerto Rico, Hispaniola and Cuba with 94L, and still brings a TD or even a minimal TS to the Florida Panhandle.  Small differences in track could mean less land, more water.  OTOH, the no land SHIPS only slowly intensifies it, increasing shear from West after 3 days.

After, some GFS ensembles support decent wave approaching Yucatan from Caribbean on Euro at 240 hours.

The main cluster of stronger 12Z Euro ensemble members crosses S FL and then goes into the NE Gulf. This is followed by a move into the FL Panhandle and then into AL or W GA. A secondary cluster largely misses FL barely to the east or skims it followed by a N movement and landfall anywhere from SAV to ILM.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LoboLeader1 said:

Given the smallishness in size, question is IF 94L passes over Hispaniola, will it survive, since it is a weak developing system.

I think it would survive (barely), but it'd be hard pressed to recover, especially if it gets sheared after passing the area. 

59 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

This would be a great time for anyone w/ 10 - 15 day Euro ensembles to post them.  For the future possible 95 or 96L that may track South of the Greater Antilles.

Wide spread but lots of members showing the next one developing