joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
With a last gasp effort, winter 20-21 refuses to give up the ghost

moneypitmike

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He’s watching .. waiting 

Ia8sFtj.jpg

At least he predicted snow unlike some folk  ;)

"In actuality, I’m going to embrace the upcoming snow as simply one of the benefits of living here in New England; we can have 70-degree weather one week and snow the next. Mid-March snow is very common so it shouldn’t be a surprise anyway."

But it wouldn't be the Stein without mention of the drought.

" What’s more surprising than our upcoming wintery weather is the fact that it’s been so sunny and so dry this month. We’ve only had less than a quarter of an inch of precipitation since the start of our wettest month and any precipitation in any form should be welcome at this point.  Many areas could see up to an inch of water between the rain and the snow, this is much needed."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/03/17/metro/late-winter-snow-yes-more-snow-is-heading-massachusetts/

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was just going to comment how the off hour runs have consistently been pretty meh while the primary runs have jacked up amounts. 

Yeah I mentioned earlier that the Nam and the euro were moving together in that regard. That makes it seem more systemic in nature i.e initialization controls. 

Although I wasn’t aware it was 18 versus 12z or whatever but I guess that makes sense if it is

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wouldn’t be a surprise if all the convection in the south robs moisture transport up here. Something to think about those high qpf numbers 

So, there won’t be any “surprised posts” about how much snow is accumulating tomorrow night/Friday am, as you just said on the previous page, cuz now the qpf is gonna be robbed by convection down south?   

• Haha 2