Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
With a last gasp effort, winter 20-21 refuses to give up the ghost

moneypitmike

How was your winter up there?

We may have scraped our way to close to normal but optics were pretty bad. Long lulls in between snow events, huge Christmas washout, bare ground half the winter, really degraded it despite what numbers say. Did grab one 12”+ storm which don’t grow on trees around here so that was a plus. Would rate winter a C.

#NovaScotiaStrong

3 hours ago, Hazey said:

We may have scraped our way to close to normal but optics were pretty bad. Long lulls in between snow events, huge Christmas washout, bare ground half the winter, really degraded it despite what numbers say. Did grab one 12”+ storm which don’t grow on trees around here so that was a plus. Would rate winter a C.

#NovaScotiaStrong

An average winter isn’t all that bad.

I had the 14” one in mid December, and then the 16” one on February 1st that started the 3 week real winter roll here . Those two storms were the majors.
However The super bowl storm was impressive here, with 8 plus inches that fell in about 4hrs time, so that was fun.  I’d say C+/B- for me here. Could have been much better. Wish March could have delivered something big/fun, which would have given it that extra bump up, but it also had its moments where it was fun, and also impressive.