Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
With a last gasp effort, winter 20-21 refuses to give up the ghost

moneypitmike

37 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

It kills me to say it but bouchard brought up this scenario more than most mets two to three days ago. He said the models get phase happy and like to make things "workout". It was always that the cold air was coming but would there be enough moisture left when it did.

We've been talking about too, for several days...  Just sayn'

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Right....I guess its dependent on personal scale. D for me is last year....awful winter, but a great event. F would be like 2001-2002 or 2011-2012 (I got screwed in halloween deal).

I love the big events, so tough for me to fail a season when those are dished out.....if you are going to fail due to above avg temps, it may be time to implement a curve.

Agreed.  I give twice weight for my snow/pack grade than for temps.  And after choosing grades and looking at the results, there's usually some subjective tweaking - big snowstorm, up.  Grinch storm, down.  Unless we get some serious white surprise, this season is in D-level at best.  If March finishes with the current 0.1" snow, I'm not sure if "F" fully describes it - maybe an "R".  At present, total snowfall is 22nd of 23, between 15-16 and 05-06.  

Tip nailed this.

What we had is weak cyclonic mechanics devolving even more into an anafrontal deal. Yesterday and before, guidance maintained better cyclonic mechanics as the system departed 6z-12z Friday. Now it’s almost a frontal passage.

Not an issue of too warm or track too south.

Remains solid C winter for Boston metro.

Would’ve been worse (Jan 31 robbed 10”+ by 1-2F BL temps), but:
- October snow is always magic
- Dec 17 1-2am one of the most intense WAA snows we’ve seen in a long time
- Brady Super Bowl snow

1 hour ago, 8611Blizz said:

You have,  but honestly i can watch every weather forecast on tv back to back in the same amount of time it takes to read your posts. ;)

Don't read them, then - don't want to cause you any anxiety or undue stress in the matter - lol.  jesus - no...your being douchy this

Why, was someone abasing/impuging Bouchard ?   ..

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm okay with it...was just frustrating bc it left so much on the table and porked me compared to further SW.

My tolerance for meteorological frustration is greater later in the season.

I seldom want to get into the grading wrangle but what time I've given to it - I think this year fairly falls below average in grade... less than a C ?

My philosophy is more adhering to climate. IF we get at or around average ... that's a C... If we go above average ... etc etc...  but, in pure numerology - landing on climate should really be a 100  ...I give in want as a failing...I know -

It's a subjective scale of course... people in the public ambit need to have their agenda fullfilled and that's fine.  But, if someone needs to get 65" to get a C ...and still reserves the right to grouse and call it grudging...  

all I can say is, man - glad I never took Calc II under the yolk of that teacher's grading policy. 

Anyway, I set at 53.5" for the year I believe .. .I think that's 5 less than average if it ends like this - I mean ... I would never on March 18 think it does out of hand in this butt-boned capital of the world.  But ...I don't care for snow much going forward, full disclosure so... D+ is what it is if so.  Fine -

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Are you and David concerned still?

GEFS and EPS have 3 plus over the next 15 days, typical to get 2 so wet pattern it seems. Today’s inch plus in many spots should ease brush fire concerns for a couple of days , here anyways. Things dry out quickly though surface wise in the spring. Very long range pattern is very wet and mild.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Seems the inch or so stuff is creeping back in on modeling. Very early Morning could be a shit show

The key is to watch what happens in Ohio and PA, and also in the Delmarva. The models are evaporating the stuff in Ohio and PA, despite decent UL forcing. The stuff in the Delmarva comes in a little too late for many. If the stuff in Ohio and PA remains stronger, or the Delmarva activity is more robust, then maybe some more areas stand a chance of 1-3 stuff.

48 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Don't read them, then - don't want to cause you any anxiety or undue stress in the matter - lol.  jesus - no...your being douchy this

Why, was someone abasing/impuging Bouchard ?   ..

I generally don't read them and I never said you didn't mention it, I just said Bouchard did, You wanted credit for something and were clearly offended that I didn't give it to you.  As far Bouchard goes he doesn't have the greatest reputation around but that's neither here nor there at this point.

31 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

I generally don't read them and I never said you didn't mention it, I just said Bouchard did, You wanted credit for something and were clearly offended that I didn't give it to you.  As far Bouchard goes he doesn't have the greatest reputation around but that's neither here nor there at this point.

I did ?  ... one has vastly more profound aspirations than seeking credit in that sense, in here.    I said "WE" as in the collection of all, specifically to avoid that context interpretation - so.. you clearly have an agenda to read in ( the wrong way..) to get that conclusion. 

Look, folks should not have gotten their hopes up for this storm -   ... your bringing that up sounded a bit like a redirect of your own anguish by finger wagging everyone else, as though we were not listening to that sort of advice. 

But we did already ... get it? 

maybe that interpretation was wrong?  fine - but that's a typical antic in here, and THAT is vastly more annoying than someone who bothers to write paragraphs.

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I did ?  ... one has vastly more profound aspirations than seeking credit in that sense, in here.    I said "WE" as in the collection of all, specifically to avoid that context interpretation - so.. you clearly have an agenda to read in ( the wrong way..) to get that conclusion. 

Look, folks should not have gotten their hopes up for this storm -   ... your bringing that up sounded a bit like a redirect of your own anguish by finger wagging everyone else, as though we were not listening to that sort of advice. 

But we did already ... get it? 

maybe that interpretation was wrong?  fine - but that's a typical antic in here, and THAT is vastly more annoying than someone who bothers to write paragraphs.

You responded to my post. Get it..

Jesus you are an egotistical wind bag douche. Your the type of person that walks into a crowded room rips a fart and thinks "these people are lucky to smell my shit".   Good luck with that attitude.

• Haha 2