Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson

March 2021 Weather Discussion

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Latest is 47kts at ALB... 54mph.

A solid hour now of 40-55mph gusts.  Pretty solid.

Pittsfield and Fitchburg airports both over 50

Roaring jet engine winds up high.  My white pines are swaying like wheat in a field. 
Very impressive gusts the past hour. The anxiety over a tree falling on the house is not the most fun but pretty intense wind  event here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Getting a few house shakers now. Impressive!

I am in a one story, well-built house and I can feel the wind.  I had to go out with a flashlight about 10 minutes ago because I thought one of the recent guests might’ve torn siding off the back of the house. 

• Like 1

Real deal wind. Popped my head out the front door to witness a large (8" +/-) Norway Spruce branch drop on the front lawn. I gotta admit, I'm a bit nervous as I have a couple 100 footer White pines within about 30' form my house.

Looks like we got some snow up north.

Walked outside wondering when the snow would get here and within 10 seconds it started dumping and a 50 mph gusts blew my neighbors trash cans into the street. That was wild to say the least. The ground was coated almost instantly. 

• Like 1

Sounded like a freightliner just came through, shook the house and trashcans all knocked over. Impressively abrupt here. Weather station has only been up since xmas, but just hit its max gust of 32. Nothing crazy but decent considering it is pretty sheltered from the north by the house and reads low as a result.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Eek with 2”.

Roaring and snowing here. Somehow the wind got my anemometer going again. It’s whistling through gaps in the house I never knew were there.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Eek with 2”.

Roaring and snowing here. Somehow the wind got my anemometer going again. It’s whistling through gaps in the house I never knew were there.

Is he around reporting? Never see his reports on here. Thought he has someone waving a palm branch over him feeding him grapes in Key West.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Is he around reporting? Never see his reports on here. Thought he has someone waving a palm branch over him feeding him grapes in Key West.

He texted me. His greenhouse may have blown to MYR.

I just can’t believe my anny is working again. It hasn’t reported wind speed since last fall even though the cups spin. 

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

He texted me. His greenhouse may have blown to MYR.

I just can’t believe my anny is working again. It hasn’t reported wind speed since last fall even though the cups spin. 

Haha that’s awesome. So strange it’s working again. I saw up at CH they got drilled too.