joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

36 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol you guys are never happy

relaxed - the thread sucks and is unreadable

strict - the thread sucks we can't joke ever

happy middle - not enough model discussion between runs

Yup.  I didn't want to go full beast mode clamp down, so Im trying for a happy medium.  Some banter between runs, but clamp down during the runs.   Then when we go super strict, people complain.  Relaxed, people complain.   I'm all out of patience and just going to do whatever.  I'm going to release the Kraken (you) to full power soon.

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

Yup.  I didn't want to go full beast mode clamp down, so Im trying for a happy medium.  Some banter between runs, but clamp down during the runs.   Then when we go super strict, people complain.  Relaxed, people complain.   I'm all out of patience and just going to do whatever.  I'm going to release the Kraken (you) to full power soon.

I guess i don't exist to you.  

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

full power? what do i have now? lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, H2O said:

The problem will always be that some act irrational when it comes to something they can't control.  It gets frustrating.

LOL. I learned not to kvetch about what I can't control by watching behavior in the main event threads over the years, especially in the wintertime. Snapping at family members or the dog because it rained instead of snowed is a strong indication that it's time to push back from the keyboard.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

LOL. I learned not to kvetch about what I can't control by watching behavior in the main event threads over the years, especially in the wintertime. Snapping at family members or the dog because it rained instead of snowed is a strong indication that it's time to push back from the keyboard.

I only snap at the kids when they don't take out the recycling and its a pile on the counter.   ohhhhhhhhhh that puts me on tilt more than 33 and rain.  That does still cause an eye twitch but alcohol fixes that.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Anyweather said:

A couple of questions. How much does the NAM weigh in on forecasts at this timeframe and when I looked at the ICON yesterday, it didn’t show any mixed precip only snow or rain. Does it not illustrate mixed? Thanks

The ICON does not depict ice is my understanding - either rain or snow. 

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

PSA:

If you can’t read a sounding, you should NOT be posting in the main thread . Especially if your only reason for posting is to air your worries and passive aggressively look for hand-holding.

When red line cross blue 0C line it mean rain. If red line never cross blue 0C line then it mean snow fall.

Just now, JakkelWx said:

When red line cross blue 0C line it mean rain. If red line never cross blue 0C line then it mean snow fall.

its not nearly as simple as that. you can have the line cross higher up then go back to freezing further down the column. in that case it would be sleet. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic