• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

February Banter 2021

IMBY ?....I'm scheduled to leave ATL at 2 on Thurs, land at IAD at 4.  Chances I will get in?  It's a small regional jet which I know are the first to get cancelled.  

Normally wouldn't matter but we are heading out to Timberline noonish on Friday so I need to get home.  Thinking about grabbing a late flight on Weds...

I watched the history of food in America on the history channel last night. It was pretty fascinating...the candy bar wars were pretty wild from Hershey to Mars to Curtiss. I didn't know that Hershey fired some dude named Reese and he said oh yeah mother****er watch this!! I also finally learned what M&M stood for. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Good point. But seriously, anybody want to answer that one?

I like having a thread because it combines all the data into one location and it is usually limited in banter ( I like some but we spent 3 pages today talking about starting a thread).  I do like to go back after storms and see where things were 2-3-4 days before the storm and how things went.  I don't have the memory that some folks do here so I like to be able to go back and walk through everything afterwards.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gunny23 said:

IMBY ?....I'm scheduled to leave ATL at 2 on Thurs, land at IAD at 4.  Chances I will get in?  It's a small regional jet which I know are the first to get cancelled.  

Normally wouldn't matter but we are heading out to Timberline noonish on Friday so I need to get home.  Thinking about grabbing a late flight on Weds...

Def wait at least until tomorrow eve if possible but if I were in your shoes I'd grab a wed flight if we're still looking at the same thing the euro/gfs are spitting out. Even if snow fails, if it's still looking like rain with temps in the 20s @ IAD thurs the risk of sig delays and/or cancellations is pretty high. The is the first one of these waves to hit with temps being below freezing for 24+ hours straight before it starts

27 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I watched the history of food in America on the history channel last night. It was pretty fascinating...the candy bar wars were pretty wild from Hershey to Mars to Curtiss. I didn't know that Hershey fired some dude named Reese and he said oh yeah mother****er watch this!! I also finally learned what M&M stood for. 

You mean they actually had history on the History channel?  I thought it was 24 hours-a-day of Alaskan gold prospectors and crab fishing.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

Not sure if questioning when to start a storm thread or when watches/warnings will be issued is worse...

Yes

47 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

We watched that too, thought it was pretty neat. 

• Like 1

I miss the days when the History Channel would show every BBC program about WW1 & WW2

1 minute ago, H2O said:

I miss the days when the History Channel would show every BBC program about WW1 & WW2

My father used to call it "The Hitler Channel"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NAM is like exactly what I said to expect, slopfest.  If it falls overnight potentially high impact event.  Not like I said this would ever be a huge rainstorm, merely that climo wise seems more like a slopfest than a 6" snowstorm scenario.

DCHoff has moved the goalposts more today than the UMaryland student section will if the Terps ever beat Ohio State in a football game at College Park. 

DC area drivers suck - 

But tell me this - would you rather have DC drivers in a minor to moderate blanket of snow - or DC drivers in a covering of sleet and a glaze of ZR (slop). I'll take the snow...and of course even then it would suck. 

Hell...throw 3 melting snowflakes onto somebody's windshield on 270 and you'll end up with the entire road being closed for 3+ hours. 

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Could they make Blazing Saddles today?

Fuuuuuuuuuuk no.   Just the reaction line from when the Sheriff first appeared would have stopped the script from being greenlit

• Haha 1

Need a Wentz post about some rouge SW in NE Canada that will cause this storm to hit Binghamton to Boston. 

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Wait, they had shows that focused on black troops in both wars?

Just the Wood family. His grandfather and great grand father single handily crushed the Huns with the weight of his sword

• Haha 1