Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Please...this has nothing to do with NEED... this is WANT!!!  I WANT snow. All the snow all the time. SNOW SNOW SNOW.  Give me snow. Then I want more snow. And top it off with a side of snow. Then I’ll have a little snow for desert. I want flakes the size of cars that leave craters!  I want to need tunnels to get to my door.  

I try to be selfless and empathetic as much as I can in my life. I try to do things to give back. But with snow I am a selfish SOB. I want all the snow and I want it now!  

When it comes to snow, we're all a little like Veruca Salt!

Image result for veruca salt i want it now gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Its all good. I will pass climo with this one regardless. Cant really complain about that. 

That's good! I need about 10 to hit climo here. But can't complain about what I've gotten so far. Have had snow on the ground since Jan 31, with some more coming. 

• Like 1

You can set your watch to every storm that between the GFS and Euro run, people get contentious.   

Banterish first call.  2-4" snow/sleet through the "corridor" of us near the city.  4-8" NW and North of the line from Leesburg/Winchester to North of 495 in MD with local jackpots to 10".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Its all good. I will pass climo with this one regardless. Cant really complain about that. 

I'm good too!

I'd be fine with mid 60s and clearing out the snowpack so I can work the lines before the mosquitos and brush get out of control!

Because I feel this way, mark my words, it will snow like hell, turn to sleet, rain, then drop to single digits sealing it in so it hangs around past Easter.  Piles on the lots lasting to Mother's Day!

For the record the reason I almost always Jack is that I specifically picked my exact location based on that!  Not the region. This area is half way between my wife’s family and my work and there are other reasons we picked this general region. But the exact spot of my house is due to  a combo of the view and being literally the snowfall maximum for MD east of the blue ridge. I’m on top of a mountain near the highest point of Parrs ridge. That’s why it almost always works out. Has nothing to do with me willing it. I moved to where it snows instead of trying to will the snow to me. 

23 minutes ago, LP08 said:

You can set your watch to every storm that between the GFS and Euro run, people get contentious.   

Banterish first call.  2-4" snow/sleet through the "corridor" of us near the city.  4-8" NW and North of the line from Leesburg/Winchester to North of 495 in MD with local jackpots to 10".

Or basically the Euro.  Damnit, I'm turning into DT!

Just now, psuhoffman said:

For the record the reason I almost always Jack is that I specifically picked my exact location based on that!  Not the region. This area is half way between my wife’s family and my work and there are other reasons we picked this general region. But the exact spot of my house is due to  a combo of the view and being literally the snowfall maximum for MD east of the blue ridge. I’m on top of a mountain near the highest point of Parrs ridge. That’s why it almost always works out. Has nothing to do with me willing it. I moved to where it snows instead of trying to will the snow to me. 

I didn't say you were "willing" anything to give you snow while the rest of us don't get the good stuff. I'm laughing at you and your concerns. You do a very good job at making it seem like those concerns impact everyone when you really only care about your backyard. And its okay! Snow is very much an IMBY thing. I get it. 

But it's funny cause it happens every single storm. I mean, "PSU fringed!" is a joke for a reason :) 

• Like 2

Just now, psuhoffman said:

You're good man. If people get upset when they don't get the most snow, so be it. You made a major life choice to capitalize on snow and it's working out for you. Anyone who feels the need to come after you about that might need to step away for a bit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Deer Whisperer said:

You're good man. If people get upset when they don't get the most snow, so be it. You made a major life choice to capitalize on snow and it's working out for you. Anyone who feels the need to come after you about that might need to step away for a bit

Or they can watch the RE market and buy his next door neighbors house when it goes on the market...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

lol youre right, i'm just jealous of his snow. thats it exactly. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic