Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

The only reason I'm still around is because there's an ignore function - I couldn't have stuck it out with the personalities and posting style of some folks. The only problem I have is that you can still see posts by those on your ignore list that have been quoted. 

I’m sorry that you can’t see this post. B)

But I agree with you. I had hoped that the “mentions” ignore option meant quoted stuff too.

• Haha 2

I should know better than to pull up a forecast from the local Mets: “The weekeend looks mainly dry as a system Sunday more than liklely stays well southeast of the region. The arctic air we were watching for next week is now aiming at areas to our north.”

I mean really. Do they have to be such realists. Take the storm and the cold freeze. Ugh....these (last 4) winters. 

1 hour ago, wxtrix said:

unfortunately, she doesn't. but I checked on one of my favorite sites and although it seems counter-intuitive, the King Arthur Flour site has a gluten-free baking section (maybe though you've seen this already?):

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/gluten-free-sourdough-english-muffins-recipe

OH thank you!

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Not sure why anyone thinks discussion is panic. 

I think a better discussion is why people believe models 5 days in advance. That’s the puzzler for me.

I think that's just discussion too. Everyone here should know the drill by now, esp with op runs.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

I think that's just discussion too. Everyone here should know the drill by now, esp with op runs.

That’s true. But I think some actually see something and think that’s gonna happen. Perhaps. Last weeks storm was pretty well modeled a good distance in advance. But if I haven’t learned anything in all this year other than one thing it’s that cold outbreaks are overdone at range 9/10 times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

That’s true. But I think some actually see something and think that’s gonna happen. Perhaps. Last weeks storm was pretty well modeled a good distance in advance. But if I haven’t learned anything in all this year other than one thing it’s that cold outbreaks are overdone at range 9/10 times.

I agree with this. The thing that makes it a little more believable is the PV destruction/TPV lobes migrating and HL ridging galore. Pretty good combo to get some legit cold into the midlatitudes. Nina climo argues it will be focused more west, but with all the HL blocking, at least some of it should make it into the east.

Back home in the KC area, was good spending the snow tv fest with my brothers and sisters. Saw some decent snow...and spent time with family.  Snow chase was worth it. We are under the gun here KC now as multiple shots of snow coming in the next few days with brutal cold sinking in. Will keep you updated

Solution

• Like 6

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic