• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

A lot of guidance is trending towards pinwheeling the low around on Tuesday and swinging snow back through the area north of DC.  Have to see if that is real...and if we can get it to happen maybe a bit further south.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

A lot of guidance is trending towards pinwheeling the low around on Tuesday and swinging snow back through the area north of DC.  Have to see if that is real...and if we can get it to happen maybe a bit further south.  

Yeah this trend is real. And some of the crappier short terms have us in the deforms already. I'll take 4-8" with the opportunity for upside any day here. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Yeah in Baltimore the best 6 hr period is 18z tuesday

"Storm blew its load and occluded by that panel. All the good stuff happens during the deepening phase. By hr 72 it's a tired old man ready for bed."

This is signature material... 

Weather related comment though is it seems like the difference betweeen 4-6 and something more is whether that retrograde is real...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amped said:

Yeah in Baltimore the best 6 hr period is 18z tuesday

yea that stall and wrapping banding across northern MD for days is great and all...and sometimes it doesn't take much QPF to rack up totals in those bands...fluff...but its risky relying on that...some of that is still 60 hours away and if you take out that last band that wraps through MD really doesn't get a whole lot from the coastal.  

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

yea that stall and wrapping banding across northern MD for days is great and all...and sometimes it doesn't take much QPF to rack up totals in those bands...fluff...but its risky relying on that...some of that is still 60 hours away and if you take out that last band that wraps through MD really doesn't get a whole lot from the coastal.  

so... assuming its right, what happened? what took us from elated to feeling robbed in 12h? 

To any cliff jumpers up there, it's not over yet.  I'm rooting for y'all to get deformed (not really, I hate you all and want to move back to NoVa but houses are too damn expensive and I can make the same money in Richmond for a lot cheaper, but I'm contemplating taking a pay cut to have better snow chances.).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, NovaTarHeel said:

To any cliff jumpers up there, it's not over yet.  I'm rooting for y'all to get deformed (not really, I hate you all and want to move back to NoVa but houses are too damn expensive and I can make the same money in Richmond for a lot cheaper, but I'm contemplating taking a pay cut to have better snow chances.).

You, sir, get my vote for realest post of the evening, narrowly edging out Bob with the "blown load" comment a few minutes ago. 

• Like 1

Coming down good under the yellows. Hoping to get to an 1" before the first band cuts off.

You’re in Arlington va??

7 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

I am rooting for everyone in the Mid Atlantic to be DEFORMED and for the deform trowal to stall out for days.

• Like 4

NAVGEM and JMA ccb DC north.  

Really odd that most of the globals and the 2 Canadian meso's get some CCB down here...while all the NCEP run meso models, HRRR/NAMs/ARW/NMM all are not even close and stall the low much further north.  

There’s yellows south of me, and north of me, and I look outside and see... nothing. Not even a flake. I think I accidentally got too close and breathed in some dust from the blinds :wacko2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DCAlexandria said:

Is NoVA aril getting 5-7 tomorrow or are we screwed now?

Analyze the models and make a determination 

5 minutes ago, DCAlexandria said:

Is NoVA aril getting 5-7 tomorrow or are we screwed now?

You will probably get 6 inches, then possibly another 2 inches Monday night.

• Like 1

Some of you are getting sleepy right now, You're draggin' baby.

No sleep. NONE! Stay the fook up! This is your first real major snowstorm in FIVE YEARS! Drink coffee as though you are on a winning streak in Craps at MGM National Harbor overnight! Take Uppers, meth, whatever it will take to keep you all awake!

WE ARE TALKIN SNOW HERE! This is NOT to be missed!

I got somethin' for y'all for the overnight! This, is when it gets good!

• Like 7
  • Haha 8