Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I mean absolutely.  Example here look NJ to Maryland pre precip then look under the heavy precip.  Good teaching moment 

download - 2021-01-30T202634.813.png

download - 2021-01-30T202654.956.png

I mean, I didn't think we had a CCB up here. Thought we'd occluded by the time the storm gets to our latitude

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

For SWCT peeps, we’re like a 25-50 mile shift away between omega thump/dryslot vs some ccb goods. So it’s 10” vs 16”. Can’t go wrong either way. 

Yessir, we are a 25 mile shift NE from 16”+ . And most expect this to tic NE as they normally do last second. We look good in interior SWCT. 

14 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Yessir, we are a 25 mile shift NE from 16”+ . And most expect this to tic NE as they normally do last second. We look good in interior SWCT. 

Music to my ears....I was born and raised in Lancaster, Pa...seeing the Canadians doing what they have been doing makes me want to go visit some family the next couple of days, but between covid and well likely 30+ inches isnt happening there, I stay put and hope for the shift NE

30 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

If we're going from single digits at night to barely maintaining isothermal temp profiles in a day or two, the storm's tucked. Hopefully it doesn't work out that way. 

PD2 was bitter but the CF got west of BOS.  Even January 2005 was subzero in the AM but nearing 30 during the event.   2/14/2016 was the coldest day in BOS in 59 years.  It snowed to rain 48 hours later but that was a cutter.  It happens more than you might think in regular coastals.  I’m sure you’ve been 35 with snow starting and below freezing an hour later countless times.   All through the 50s amd 60s when some of us were growing up it was a common occurrence.

• Like 3