Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

9 hours ago, stormtracker said:

?  GFS is a hard no for Monday unless I'm looking at the wrong maps?   And the GFS appears to be on crack for tomm

I don't like that Monday threat for us in the metros at all.  Stale/retreating cold air, coming through during the day.  If we even got frozen it would probably be white rain.  Next Friday has a little more potential in my opinion with (maybe) a wave tracking under us with some fresher cold. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Personal opinion...gotta be PA/NJ and north to be in the Northeast. Northern Delaware works, too.

Not a perfect match, and maybe it’s more cultural than meteorological Northeastern-ness up there.

I think MD eastern shore and areas south of Rt 50 are culturally Southern.  Other areas are Northeast.  NoVA is also probably Northeast now. 

• Like 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I think MD eastern shore and areas south of Rt 50 are culturally Southern.  Other areas are Northeast.  NoVA is also probably Northeast now. 

Prepare for everyone in NoVA to be offended by this but....

NoVA feels to me a lot like Long Island.  It looks similar with the strip malls and divided highways.  The houses look the same.  The traffic is comparable. The population density is comparable.   The people that live there seem like they used to live in the big city and sort of carry that big city attitude with them just like Long Island. 

I'll see myself out now :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

At least half of my neighbors are from NY/NJ me included and are either gov contractors or govies.  

Just now, Cobalt said:

Precip maps show 0.5-0.8" of precip during that time. Based on essentially every single system we've had this past year, I'll take the under on half of that lol.  

I will also take the liquid variety on that ;)  Would love to see a nice burst of snow though.  Interested to see any trends today.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

12z RGEM still a nice event for MD sans Eastern Shore down to DC latitude, 3-6 for most. Still think it's weenie to expect this kind of storm to bring more than an inch or two if anything but it's more believable than the 6-8 inches of the 06z run.

Doesn't help SW flow system to be falling in the middle of the day. 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Euro actually starts western zones in precip by 12z and central zones by 14z which will help . And doesn't hurt that there will be single digit to teen lows Sunday morning and only low mid 30s Sunday afternoon leading in . But if timing slows then...it'll be tougher 

Agreed, just hoping it comes in early as possible. You guys in better spot then up here timing wise

Just now, Wentzadelphia said:

Iconic crushjob end of run 

boom.png

Of course I like to see that but I have seen that map SO MANY times this winter.  It's remarkable in fact how many times models have spit out a very similar map to this.  DC on the southern end of a big pink snowfall distribution.  I'm going to have nightmares about this map for many seasons to come. 

• Haha 1