• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

January 8th event obs

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

Switch over is complete here GSO airport. Quater to small cotton ball size flakes

Can see it on radar and changover moving ese now.  Burlington next?

3 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Switch over is complete here GSO airport. Quater to small cotton ball size flakes

Hopeful it switches over here in Alamance Co shortly. Nothing to write home about but have seen slightly heavier echoes this afternoon compared to bone dry all night through 9:15am.

Just now, greendave said:

Hopeful it switches over here in Alamance Co shortly. Nothing to write home about but have seen slightly heavier echoes this afternoon compared to bone dry all night through 9:15am.

Youll get sleet 20-30 mins or so (cool column), then 15 min to complete flip. Its coming.

• Like 1

what's going on at the Durham/Alamance/Person/Caswell lines in terms of radar echoes blossoming - pivoting back through Alamance Co. and eastern Guilford - are we seeing the deformation setting up here?

3 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Heavy, half dollar size flakes now. 1fe98d945bc162d2ce610a5b7ef77025.jpg

Glad you are getting some, I have moderate rain. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's been rippin' the proverbial fatties for about a half hour now. Easily re-coated all the grassy surfaces. If it would do this for a few hours, we might actually get to 2-4 inches, but I fear there's not too much time left here in Hickory. Earlier today has been steady light snow. This is finally moderate to heavy. It's been nice to see it all day, despite the lack of significant accumulation to this point.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Now you can see why those 10:1 maps are chit in these marginal setups. That said, my interest is peaked for this evening. It will be dark and this week deform band associated with the ul  will shift east over the triangle. Def could see some decent rates for a few areas. I predict someone will get lucky and see a few inches

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PantherJustin said:

Snow in Mooresville/LKN has arrived Right on I-77/Langtree Area

closer to downtown.. nada

yeah i know it's coming ;)

1 minute ago, Wow said:

closer to downtown.. nada

yeah i know it's coming ;)

LOL.  My daughter lives in Noda and is freaking out.  She's like Dad, its circling me but it wont snow here!

• Like 1

Mod to Hvy SN in Denver, nice coating on the ground.  It would be nice to have a couple of hours of this.

37 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Still rain/sleet near the Coliseum.  C'mon!