Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

32 minutes ago, H2O said:

I just want you all to know that no matter what happens today with the models some good happened today.

I asked pointed questions to a met and they were coherent, lucid and well thought out.  And they were answered.  Do I get any cookies as a reward?

But you also took a sly shot at PSU. :lol:

Look...I’m not going to pretend that I like where this thing is trending. I went to bed last night thinking about making a post in here saying that I had a feeling that the Euro would start washing out a bit around here, and that the “fear” of suppression would magically disappear by this morning. Basically that we would move towards a weaker storm in these parts than what the Euro has shown over the last couple days.

I’m not angry, I won’t yell about it, but if 12z today doesn’t adjust back to an annihilation of MBY by the CCB, I’m also not going to act as if talk of a “blend” of last night’s Euro and the GFS doesn’t get under my skin, even if it was inevitable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

some have too high of expectations and forget where they live

It seemed to me that the euro still showed a plowable/shoveable snowfall for most us...even along 95. Idk....daytime accumulating snowfall on Sunday sounds good. 

Its been a really sh*tty week w work so I just need the weekend. Some snow won't hurt :)

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

It seemed to me that the euro still showed a plowable/shoveable snowfall for most us...even along 95. Idk....daytime accumulating snowfall on Sunday sounds good. 

Its been a really sh*tty week w work so I just need the weekend. Some snow won't hurt :)

In my unprofessional opinion, everyone should do well with the WAA thump before any changeover. then its just a matter of what the coastal does. 

just being happy it snows should be where everyone is at, given how shitty the last few winters have been. these expectations of BECS is just silly. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, mappy said:

In my unprofessional opinion, everyone should do well with the WAA thump before any changeover. then its just a matter of what the coastal does. 

just being happy it snows should be where everyone is at, given how shitty the last few winters have been. these expectations of BECS is just silly. 

This. Since moving back to Maryland in fall 2016, I've only experienced two 5" snow events. The 06z Euro ENS would be the biggest storm for me in 5 years AND I wouldn't be stuck in an windowless EOC, so I can enjoy it with my wife. Double bonus.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mattie g said:

But you also took a sly shot at PSU. :lol:

Look...I’m not going to pretend that I like where this thing is trending. I went to bed last night thinking about making a post in here saying that I had a feeling that the Euro would start washing out a bit around here, and that the “fear” of suppression would magically disappear by this morning. Basically that we would move towards a weaker storm in these parts than what the Euro has shown over the last couple days.

I’m not angry, I won’t yell about it, but if 12z today doesn’t adjust back to an annihilation of MBY by the CCB, I’m also not going to act as if talk of a “blend” of last night’s Euro and the GFS doesn’t get under my skin, even if it was inevitable.

well..........yeah.  I'm a bit fed up with the "concerned" posts of things that some fret over when last nights euro was p much the first sign of trouble for parts of the area.  Storms just don't trend south.  Colder, maybe but 9/10 don't shift down to the dismal swamp.  So I get a bit annoyed when i get told that every wonderful glorious storm has to tuck so that I have to sacrifice and mix so others can rip fatties for hours.  No, I don't have to take one for the team.  i don't need north trend,  i don't need warm trend.  That just causes greater feast or famine.  CAPE deserves a snow.  Dude chases patterns for weeks.  Doesn't matter he is 5 min from the ocean.  You deserve snow.  Just because if buses were running they could make a bad decision on closing.  

So while Tuesdays' pants tenter Euro run was dream it wasn't so much the stupid snow maps as it was the track.  That track was sweet for most of us.  Sure the far N&W didn't see as much as DC proper but they would have still jacked. Why?  They always do.  Meanwhile one time, just one bloody time, the coastal plain wouldn't have had to worry the slightest over a flip, lull, full sun, torching 850s, Kokamo singing period of 8 hours while the storm went from Carbondale, IL to forming over the Black Pelican on Kitty Hawk.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, H2O said:

well..........yeah.  I'm a bit fed up with the "concerned" posts of things that some fret over when last nights euro was p much the first sign of trouble for parts of the area.  Storms just don't trend south.  Colder, maybe but 9/10 don't shift down to the dismal swamp.  So I get a bit annoyed when i get told that every wonderful glorious storm has to tuck so that I have to sacrifice and mix so others can rip fatties for hours.  No, I don't have to take one for the team.  i don't need north trend,  i don't need warm trend.  That just causes greater feast or famine.  CAPE deserves a snow.  Dude chases patterns for weeks.  Doesn't matter he is 5 min from the ocean.  You deserve snow.  Just because if buses were running they could make a bad decision on closing.  

So while Tuesdays' pants tenter Euro run was dream it wasn't so much the stupid snow maps as it was the track.  That track was sweet for most of us.  Sure the far N&W didn't see as much as DC proper but they would have still jacked. Why?  They always do.  Meanwhile one time, just one bloody time, the coastal plain wouldn't have had to worry the slightest over a flip, lull, full sun, torching 850s, Kokamo singing period of 8 hours while the storm went from Carbondale, IL to forming over the Black Pelican on Kitty Hawk.

But you should be happy with 4” of WAA snow. Right? Because it’s the most we would have seen in a few years?

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Wrong thread.  But as i was saying, the only tucking I want to have happen from this day forward isn't a low pressure off the coast but me doing the Buffalo Bill dance from silence of the lambs

Its rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the primary into OH again.

Fava beans...and a nice chianti!!

LOL at the "Silence of the Lambs" reference...great movie (if chilling)!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I want 48” or I’m out and done with winter. I think that’s reasonable 

for sure

16 minutes ago, mattie g said:

But you should be happy with 4” of WAA snow. Right? Because it’s the most we would have seen in a few years?

i see your shade. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Just remember your sacrifice will ensure that those of us above the fall line will be in raptured joy on Monday with puking dendrites. And when that happens, we’ll pour one shovelful out for all you little people :guitar:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

i'm so confused, is this your first coastal? expect what always happens under the circumstances. 

The thing is, its not always the same- esp here. Clean transfer and proximity of the low to the coast is key.

Euro op is snow to slop to rain. EPS implies mostly snow and quite a bit more.

In this case, I will favor the former until I see more evidence to the contrary on the GFS and Euro op runs.

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The thing is, its not always the same- esp here. Clean transfer and proximity of the low to the coast is key.

Euro op is snow to slop to rain. EPS implies mostly snow and quite a bit more.

In this case, I will favor the former until I see more evidence to the contrary on the GFS and Euro op runs.

that's fair. i dont know your area nearly as well as my own. 

given mattie's comment, ill just keep my mouth shut and let you guys do your thing. 

• Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic