Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Just now, nj2va said:

PSU will ignite a mass panic with that post in about 5 minutes.

Not for us. You in Arlington of course.  We have wiggle room N-S-E-W.  I think many are so conditioned for failure they can’t get beyond it.  Everyone in the forum should get some amount of snow out of this.  That’s a rare condition.  

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

Not for us. You in Arlington of course.  We have wiggle room N-S-E-W.  I think many are so conditioned for failure they can’t get beyond it.  Everyone in the forum should get some amount of snow out of this.  That’s a rare condition.  

Feels good to have wiggle room this close in

4 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

I mean I'm well aware that I ain't getting 20 inches. Most of the time I get around a foot or a little less and places west get crushed. Happens 90 percent of the time. So I have no reason to worry about that post

Who wants to shovel 20” anyway!?  F that noise. I want 30. :lol:

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Hoff is great, I mean, really great, but that's some really irresponsible shit posting.

He's clearly extremely knowledgeable....and he provides a ton to the board and is a great teacher although a bit wordy at times. But I'm convinced he can't write anything without the words fail or but or trending in the wrong direction...it's simply not in his DNA lol. I love being a passive aggressive ball buster on him....I know he gets it. :)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Hoff is great, I mean, really great, but that's some really irresponsible shit posting.

It's never gonna snow again. What made you think we were ever gonna get more than a flake and a half from the Monday system? Or this winter? 

• Haha 1

It’s the same thing every time. When IMBYism takes over. 

I make no apologies for wanting a lot of snow every storm. But while I root for mine I know others will get theirs and I’m ok with it. I just want in on it most times. I don’t need to be the big dog. But let me eat from the same bowl occasionally. I love for a storm that gives EVERYONE the same to start and then you can have some climo on top to help. It’s when I get 1” of shit and others fret 12” that I wonder just how much you really enjoy weather for all or just yourself and ONLY yourself. 

When a storm comes then I will root for my friends as much as myself. If it’s a 3” storm for most then I hope some see 5” while I get my 3”. That’s just me tho

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Deer Whisperer said:

Haha I'm mentally preparing myself for at least some mixing/rain, it'd be irresponsible for me not to

We are tracking something meaty. It’s fun.  6 inches or 16.  Anything is better than SSW discussions.  It split 37 times.  Great.  So did my pants during this pandemic.  My ground is still brown.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

It’s the same thing every time. When IMBYism takes over. 

I make no apologies for wanting a lot of snow every storm. But while I root for mine I know others will get theirs and I’m ok with it. I just want in on it most times. I don’t need to be the big dog. But let me eat from the same bowl occasionally. I love for a storm that gives EVERYONE the same to start and then you can have some climo on top to help. It’s when I get 1” of shit and others fret 12” that I wonder just how much you really enjoy weather for all or just yourself and ONLY yourself. 

When a storm comes then I will root for my friends as much as myself. If it’s a 3” storm for most then I hope some see 5” while I get my 3”. That’s just me tho

This resonated with me.  Snow is great and we all love it.  But it wouldn’t be nearly as much fun if it wasn’t for everyone here.  Tracking every aspect of a storm is what makes this really fun.  No one else in the regular world gets this but us.    My wife will say “hey it’s snowing” and then not even stand outside in the cold for 3 hours to get the full experience.  She’ll want to watch a movie or play a game.  Save that shit for July.  

• Like 3

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Man I’m an idiot. My cache was loading yesterday’s eps. 18z looked amazing. Sorry. Still think suppression is more a risk but it’s becoming less of one. Frankly it’s hard to see how we don’t get at least a decent snow from this.  Carry on. 

9dbfbb3d895b3db929ce30c471a6addb.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

At my second job at Amazon the OPS staff know I'm a big weather nerd and the such.  Just got asked as I got off work if we were going to see snow starting Sunday and how much because they had heard it in the news and saw it online.  Also a certain amount closes the building for the day (they didn't say how much... I guess 6" at least)

I had to quickly hedge cause someone mentioned the European model showing a foot of snow and the American models showing half that... so I just said we shall see, that it was too early to tell and see you all on Saturday and ran out lol.  

They did like that the European showing a foot though lol

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You sure you’re not on acid?

Probably got a few of those Coke bananas...

30 minutes ago, H2O said:

It’s when I get 1” of shit and others fret 12” that I wonder just how much you really enjoy weather for all or just yourself and ONLY yourself. 

I don’t like when I get one 1” and everyone else gets 10”. It’s a little frustrating, but that’s the reason we have the Panic Room. Right?

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic