Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Just now, Cobalt said:

Just a quick question, but I recall there being a threat about go-to Jebwalk songs. I contributed in it, but now I can't seem to find the threat anywhere. Did it get deleted or something? Also no reason for bringing up jebwalking, not at all :snowing:

I remember talk about jebwalking music during the January 2019 event. So probably around there somewhere.

4 minutes ago, George BM said:

I remember talk about jebwalking music during the January 2019 event. So probably around there somewhere.

I checked back there but couldn't find it. If it's not there it's whatever, but Im glad that others remember it too. Maybe it wasnt in it's own thing but was in a banter threat rather? Unsure.

@WxUSAF I noticed 3/3/2010 in that analog package. It was in there before 2016 also. It confirms what I thought back then that we were so close to a 4th HECS that year. But the trailing sw acted as a kicker instead of phasing and the trough remained diffuse so nothing organized until off the coast and the pathetic cold we had pretty much that whole year wasn’t going to work with light precip in March. But it was close Imo. Imagine if we had closed that season with another 10”+ storm!  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just looked at the 12z Euro  closer . It dumps  1.90" qpf here all snow . Mappy said 1.5" . She short changed me lol.  Snow starts around 18z Sunday and ends around 18z Tues :lmao:. That's 96'+ 2016 type longevity . Actually a bit longer . IF ONLY 

I said 1.5+ ;) 

• Weenie 2

14 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Well two things. I like snow without a breath of wind. I also love watching it ... in the daylight. So no, there won’t be any 1am snow party for me.

I actually love shoveling the driveway at night while it is snowing. No one else in the neighborhood is doing it then. You can shovel for a little bit then just stand there with absolutely no noise except the flakes hitting the ground and you. It is amazing. And it helps me to do multiple shovels before the snow gets too deep. 

• Like 5

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I actually love shoveling the driveway at night while it is snowing. No one else in the neighborhood is doing it then. You can shovel for a little bit then just stand there with absolutely no noise except the flakes hitting the ground and you. It is amazing. And it helps me to do multiple shovels before the snow gets too deep. 

Smart man. It’s like cleaning as you cook. Much easier than waiting until the end...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@WxUSAF I noticed 3/3/2010 in that analog package. It was in there before 2016 also. It confirms what I thought back then that we were so close to a 4th HECS that year. But the trailing sw acted as a kicker instead of phasing and the trough remained diffuse so nothing organized until off the coast and the pathetic cold we had pretty much that whole year wasn’t going to work with light precip in March. But it was close Imo. Imagine if we had closed that season with another 10”+ storm!  

Ha, I have no memory of that. I know we missed the late feb storm to the north, but all I remember is that March was a total blowtorch of warmth.

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Ha, I have no memory of that. I know we missed the late feb storm to the north, but all I remember is that March was a total blowtorch of warmth.

Late February the NAO went through one last cycle and setup a last window the first few days of March. I was excited from a week out. We had some good tease runs. But in the end the trough split the energy between two waves and neither amplified. We got light rain with one and I had some mid 30s light snow and a slushy coating up here but it was a wasted opportunity.  Cant complain though. Well Ji did lol. 

48 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Well two things. I like snow without a breath of wind. I also love watching it ... in the daylight. So no, there won’t be any 1am snow party for me.

I always root against a windy mess. Let me watch the fatties float down in the daylight, not some pixie wind driven crap at 3am. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic