Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

@MillvilleWx @MN Transplant  @WxUSAF

What mechanism is causing the GFS to hold the primary longer before transfer than the CMC/EURO are showing? Or, alternatively, why do CMC/EURO jump it to the coast quicker? At this point, that's the crucial difference, right, in progression and outcomes?

I actually have to head to a chiropractor appointment, so hopefully one of the other mets can answer. I'll be back soon. Sorry for not being able to answer atm

• Like 1

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

I actually have to head to a chiropractor appointment, so hopefully one of the other mets can answer. I'll be back soon. Sorry for not being able to answer atm

You are kind - no worries - as I was typing my question in banter it was being asked and answered I think in the main thread. I try to avoid posting in the main thread per mod requests during these times...

So, it appears per you and PSU it is the difference in how the models are handling the thermals on Sunday. Makes sense. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

@MillvilleWx @MN Transplant  @WxUSAF

What mechanism is causing the GFS to hold the primary longer before transfer than the CMC/EURO are showing? Or, alternatively, why do CMC/EURO jump it to the coast quicker? At this point, that's the crucial difference, right, in progression and outcomes?

Simply put, the storms ahead and behind our system are helping to "buckle" the setup which digs our trough into a good spot for us.  The GFS just has it happening a touch too late, allowing the warm air to come in early.  PSU is right that it may be how the GFS is handling the thermal structure overall.  I can also squint and maybe make the case that the GFS has a slightly more pronounced connection to the trough in northern Canada that keeps it from diving southeast as quickly.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Reds fan here too!

Plenty of misery for sure but 3 WS in my life. Now let’s talk about being a Vikings fan lol

I was around for those but it has been really barren since 1995 and the great offensive flameout in the NLCS. And, yes, Bengals fans and Vikings fans are a game recognize game moment...

15 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Nice to see PSU is still worried about suppression, makes me less worried about mixing :guitar:

That is an irrational fear lol. Not happening in this set up.

It is almost a certainty we some some rain from this. Question is for how long.

12z GEPS looked quite a bit better than the op btw.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

For some reason, this made me think of the Monty Python "Holy Grail" scene where the peasant is shouting "Help, I'm being repressed!!"

I admit I did the same :lmao: 

And after looking at the 12z GEPS individ members... I immediately did a "Borat" line -- Very nice, how much? :lol: 

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic