Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

1 minute ago, Paleocene said:

Yeah, very true, especially if it's cold. Learned that lesson in 2016 before the big storm when an inch caused armaggedon in moco.

I usually just travel the roads that parallel the interstate when there are weather conditions. When I don’t, I ride in the left lane to give myself the option of going across the median if needed. Of course you can’t do that everywhere

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Transplant said:

So a quick question - I would think this is more of a scenic storm?  I would think that 10 inches or so over a 24-36 hour time frame would be manageable for road crews down here.  How about the winds - any latest wind maps?  Thanks for all the great insight.

Moving this to banter, but you overestimate us. Two inches brings this area to its knees.

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

The old 3:30pm update. Back in the day before the Internet took off, you'd run home from the bus stop and flip on the Local on the 8s and anxiously wait for the watch to pop up on the crawl.

...And then sit there watching the 6PM and 11PM local news and weather (annoying your parents in the process), looking at the crawler of school closures, hoping yours would be listed!! :lol:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Transplant said:

So a quick question - I would think this is more of a scenic storm?  I would think that 10 inches or so over a 24-36 hour time frame would be manageable for road crews down here.  How about the winds - any latest wind maps?  Thanks for all the great insight.

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Down this way, 10 inches over any period of time will cause road issues. 

snowflakeCartoon.jpg

• Haha 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic