• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

Strangely, Iowa has the same flavor of warm air issues with winter storms, the same rain snow line of varying tilt etc. NW IA almost always gets pummeled while SE IA gets rain. 

no ocean needed. The cyclones have the same basic mechanics there and Des Moines is more often on the warm side than the snowy side 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Absolutely not.  Too far OTS is always the biggest risk in coastal storms for the interior.

Well, we are getting fringed either way from this (even the huge runs have me on the northern/western edge), but it's probably a more legit shot from the coastal here than your spot. It seems like if dryslot's region gets into good snows from this I do OK too. Some of these runs are basically whiffs for NNE, however. My question was more if they think this will come back to look more like the RGEM from this morning, for example.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Damn last night you were telling me this was coming NW and the Euro was wrong

I am not worried about a whiff se per se......I am concerned about the surface not getting captured soon enough.

There is a difference. I am sold on middling event...I think the track of the mid levels argues for that, QPF be damned. But I don't think this captures quickly enough for a big event.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I am not worried about a whiff se per se......I am concerned about the surface not getting captured soon enough.

There is a difference. I am sold on middling event...I think the track of the mid levels argues for that, QPF be damned. But I don't think this captures quickly enough for a big event.

It may for eastern areas. Still like Kev to Jeff axis for the goods whether thats 6-10” or 14-20”...tbd.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Not going to lie, personally, just as well that it’s rain or nothing here. Monday is my first day back at work since 12/17 and that’s just the kind of a headache I don’t need after a long vacation.

I hear ya. I’m not looking forward to cleaning up 3-5” of cement after being off since 12/16. After the big event 12/17 I’m fine if I don’t see another flake this winter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

4 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

In fact last big storm ended up even more NW that even the most amped up far NW solutions that we kind if generally disregarded.

OT but to answer your question yesterday-yes it’s better vs ingestion into ones lungs.  I won’t ingest any other way.