Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its because they are right.

I’m incapable of caring until the 18z Euro and 00z suite roll out. Canadian and others have shifted SE so it would be too cruel if the GFS simultaneously picked up on something signaling warmer solutions, which clearly it did. It’s just not trustworthy yet

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

Worse for us than 12z run.

I thought it looked among the better runs for us of the 18z runs.  Verbatim run to run kind of clouds ones judgment.   To me we’re still far enough out where minor differences are reasonable but we need some help given marginal temperatures.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

More like 7" FYI.

Unless we do big banding I see crap temps for 495 being a concern . Further South on CP is all but toast unless they see a perfect track and capture with mid level goodies. I would want to be at least 500’ for more than 2-3” and I believe this SLP is likely more a hugger 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Farther NW would mean coast has ptype issues. The block won’t allow a move NW

Doesn’t have to move NW to get a more tucked track. Just look at 18z NAM. You just need a more defined vortmax...ULL track and vortmax track are already plenty far enough NW for a hugger type solution. It’s just a matter of capturing that sfc baroclinicity early enough.  

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Some of you are living and dying by each run. Maybe not a canal crawler, but I think the risk is NW of euro etc. We saw the same a couple of weeks ago. Euro will probably start creeping NW tonight. 

I agree. I'm not worried about OTS....larger concern is a later capture.

• Confused 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Doesn’t have to move NW to get a more tucked track. Just look at 18z NAM. You just need a more defined vortmax...ULL track and vortmax track are already plenty far enough NW for a hugger type solution. It’s just a matter of capturing that sfc baroclinicity early enough.  

Exactly the issue...it ill probably happen to late for most of us.

We'll see...just  my hunch.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Unless we do big banding I see crap temps for 495 being a concern . Further South on CP is all but toast unless they see a perfect track and capture with mid level goodies. I would want to be at least 500’ for more than 2-3”

Exactly...it will take a near perfect RGEM like evolution for our area to get nailed, or else we get hosed again. I do not buy the retarded clown maps if we don't end up in the mid level banding.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ha!  Lol I thought it was for him.  I was like Randolph shouldn’t worry about a warmer solution.  If it’s metro west, then yeah always worry about rain more than whiff.

Not necessarily. There’s plenty of storms I’ll worry more about a scraper or whiff than an amped solution. 

This is definitely not one of them despite seeing several weak SE solutions on the euro. 

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

We want that Vortmax going under us and then getting captured earlier.  If that doesn’t happen..it’s a minor event at best if we’re lucky. 

For Kevin it could easily be an advisory 3-6” event if there’s no earlier capture...he’s interior and elevated enough that it will snow with the residual WAA stuff on the front end. 

This airmass isn’t as bad as Dec 5th...there’s at least some dry dewpoint drain from that high to the north. If closer to the coast with little elevation then I’d want the rates to pound more.