Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

With a block we don't need suppressive cold to go with that.

Yeah you prob don't want a 2015-esque PAC with that block....though we could use it slightly better than it is. It's downright horrific so the cold is pretty marginal, it's enough for snow threats though. It would be nice to insert a little more CP airmass into the pattern....if only to freeze up the water bars and ponds/lakes quicker. Something like a Jan 2011 Pacific....it wasn't obscenely cold that month, but consistent below avg.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah you prob don't want a 2015-esque PAC with that block....though we could use it slightly better than it is. It's downright horrific so the cold is pretty marginal, it's enough for snow threats though. It would be nice to insert a little more CP airmass into the pattern....if only to freeze up the water bars and ponds/lakes quicker. Something like a Jan 2011 Pacific....it wasn't obscenely cold that month, but consistent below avg.

I was just mentioning that with the marginal amount of cold we have had so far, Ice condition are poor as well as water bars and bogs, So were in a catch 22 for arctic cold we need it but then again we don't as that would hinder snow.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That happened to many people here in town. I know of at least 10. Basement ruined 

no flooding but...3 days and many man hours of chainsawing and patching holes in garage roof from one damn limb that fell just right, so the pain was spread wide... not to mention the foot of snow that was left was reduced to a couple small piles.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That happened to many people here in town. I know of at least 10. Basement ruined 

Had a nice half finished mancave with music equipmemt on one side with media center on the other. Luckily I had it raised about 6” so no damage done there but carpets need to get ripped out and rugs tossed...plus some other items. If I put the mancave back together I may need to do one of those french drains they do by digging into the conrete slab, etc. Not sure if I even want to spend the money though so I may just move everything to the bonus room above the garage. 

Terrible and some others in the hood have the same issue. 

We’ll get thru this though, I’ve dealt with worse. 

Snow on the 4th will help ease the mental strain a bit. LFG.

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Had a nice half finished mancave with music equipmemt on one side with media center on the other. Luckily I had it raised about 6” so no damage done there but carpets need to get ripped out and rugs tossed...plus some other items. If I put the mancave back together I may need to do one of those french drains they do by digging into the conrete slab, etc. Not sure if I even want to spend the money though so I may just move everything to the bonus room above the garage. 

Terrible and some others in the hood have the same issue. 

We’ll get thru this though, I’ve dealt with worse. 

Snow on the 4th will help ease the mental strain a bit. LFG.

Sheetrock and insulation wet?

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Sheetrock and insulation wet?

I don’t think so, looks like mostly ground level damage. The water came upwards through any cracks with a frozen ground...the quick rush of melting snow and rain had nowhere to go but up. We have a Restoration company coming to take a look and assess. Definitely need to prevent molding...everything else is secondary. 

My bad for the OT...mods please move to banter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I don’t think so, looks like mostly ground level damage. The water came upwards through any cracks with a frozen ground...the quick rush of melting snow and rain had nowhere to go but up. We have a Restoration company coming to take a look and assess. Definitely need to prevent molding...everything else is secondary. 

My bad for the OT...mods please move to banter.

Beware of the black mold if walls were affected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have never seen this hemispheric layout before... It's almost a 2-wave rest state pattern.  It just happens to have a couple nodes of ridging on the right, and troughing on the left to make it blurred, but that's about probably as close to a 2-wave structure as is mathematically possible given Earth geometry and mass-density/velocity ...

image.thumb.png.cf66a2f398b566a73c7db8d547b6f80e.png

• Like 1