Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, ice1972 said:

If the two threats work out its nice and all but to know we lost a foot of pack to a tropical storm on Xmas day stings.....a lot....it makes whatever this season may manage less....worse....than it could be.....still....in 2010 at NYE I had nothing....it all came in the next month so let’s see....we’ll know within 14 days what we’re dealing with.....after that it’ll be too late

Remember that time I put up almost 100" in three weeks starting in late January? It's never over until it's over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Followed by the whoa is weenie posts  “we are halfway through met winter blah blah, sun angle blah blah, always 10 days away, blah blah, bring on spring blah blah blah.“ 

enjoy the weather it’s the only weather you’ve got! 

Probably a pattern more for you into NNE next two weeks I think. At least that’s what I would favor. 

• Like 2

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Nope Hoth....if it doesn’t snow(any more) by January 12th this year, it’s too late for SNE.  

Folks are losing it...holy smokes.  Downright Silly posts. 

I don't get it. We just put up a double digit event a few weeks ago, even if it melted. That's a big win in my book. We have fantasy storms to track and an interesting pattern going forward. That's a lot better than the last few years.

• Like 3

Just now, Hoth said:

I don't get it. We just put up a double digit event a few weeks ago, even if it melted. That's a big win in my book. We have fantasy storms to track and an interesting pattern going forward. That's a lot better than the last few years.

Absolutely agree.

Actually it was only two(2) weeks ago today I got 13”.   Some got a lot more too. 

Ya, it got obliterated 8 days later, like that hasn’t happened before???  
We track...that’s all we can ask for.  Maybe they don’t pan out?  At least we have a couple Chances currently.  As you said, much better then the last couple dud seasons so far. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nope Hoth....if it doesn’t snow(any more) by January 12th this year, it’s too late for SNE.  

Folks are losing it...holy smokes.  Downright Silly posts. 

That’s correct.....the pattern means a lot.....everybody acting like getting double digits then having it obliterated by a tropical storm in December is so great can literally GTFO.....that makes no sense....we should have a 6 inch left after that awesome storm yet here we are....like I may have to pull out the lawn mower......you guys are so funny

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Absolutely agree.

Actually it was only two(2) weeks ago today I got 13”.   Some got a lot more too. 

We track...that’s all we can ask for.  Maybe they don’t pan out?  At least we have a couple Chances currently.  As you said, much better then the last couple dud seasons so far. 

The way it got obliterated was up there though....it was very fast.....don’t pretend it wasn’t.....it may have happened before but 12 hours to melt a foot of pack is out there

3 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

That’s correct.....the pattern means a lot.....everybody acting like getting double digits then having it obliterated by a tropical storm in December is so great can literally GTFO.....that makes no sense....we should have a 6 inch left after that awesome storm yet here we are....like I may have to pull out the lawn mower......you guys are so funny

Who said it was great?  

We said it happens...and it’s not all that unusual.  I don’t think anybody is fond of it, but what are you gonna go?  

More is coming, don’t jump yet. 

32 minutes ago, Hoth said:

The storms themselves are nice and all but having to deal with increasing pack brings it to another level.....and it just sucks to lose pack like we did.....it wasn’t slow that’s fornsure

34 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Actually, you are wrong. I was doing much better snowfallwise last season.

1 minute ago, ice1972 said:

The way it got obliterated was up there though....it was very fast.....don’t pretend it wasn’t.....it may have happened before but 12 hours to melt a foot of pack is out there

December 2010 it got obliterated fast too....I mean it happens quite a bit.  Ya that was a bad grinch, but you gotta chill ice. It’s December 30th man. Re-f’n-lax lol.

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Who said it was great?  

We said it happens...and it’s not all that unusual.  I don’t anybody is fond of it, but what are you gonna go?  

More is coming, don’t jump yet. 

I’ve been here 16 years now....that obliteration that just happened in Xmas day was probably the worst I’ve seen yet.....it is what it is....I’m not gonna act like I love the season so much just cuz we got a great storm in mid December.....I love that we did but I’d love it more if we still had that pack to add to

Just now, ice1972 said:

This year was worse....

I guess losing the snow really bothers you.  It bothers me for a bit, then I really don’t care after that. I’m excited for the potential that looks to be coming?  Maybe it flops? Maybe it doesn’t?  Let’s see what happens?  Winter just started..long way to go. 

35 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Absolutely agree.

Yup. Light years ahead of the past two seasons. Not just snowfall wise but potential. We’re knocking on the door. Let’s get after it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I guess losing the snow really bothers you.  It bothers me for a bit, then I really don’t care after that. I’m excited for the potential that looks to be coming?  Maybe it flops? Maybe it doesn’t?  Let’s see what happens?  Winter just started..long way to go. 

I really do hate losing pack ......especially when it comes so fast as it did....that high dew fog eating crap I can’t stand.....if I still had 6” or even 4” OTG I’d be fine......let’s reset and giterdone 

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I simply made a statement. Stop inferring shit on my behalf.

Dude, relax.  I’m just asking...where did it get you? It was a ratter last year? Was it not?. Hoth was just saying we are off to a pretty decent start, and I have to agree.  We all know you had a real biggie last early December, but then it shit the bed.  That’s the point.  I’m thinking you’re gonna do better this year...just a hunch.  Or maybe it all goes to crap, and doesn’t snow again?  

Holy smokes...