Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, eduggs said:

It's a little warm, especially early. But the rapidly deepening low makes up for it. A solution that intense is doubtful though. But that would be some seriously intense snow.

That is my hesitation with that solution, though....I get what you are saying, technically speaking, but I am not fond of relaying on dynamics to snow that may or may not be an artifact of the CMC.

Like Luke said....ways out.

CMC also tries to cut an ULL off under the block day 9. It forms too Far East, but tip was talking about that event earlier today. One thing with blocks is the potential for slow moving closed off events. Down here in Philly it may be one way I can cash in. Man you guys complain but you have no idea how lucky you are lol

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is my hesitation with that solution, though....I get what you are saying, technically speaking, but I am not fond of relaying on dynamics to snow that may or may not be an artifact of the CMC.

Like Luke said....ways out.

Yea. Nothing else shows those dynamics but some eps members hinted at it iirc. We’ll see.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lots to track. Moving parts won't be surprised if this trends S on OP as  EPS is at the  Bmark

Hope so but in such a progressive pattern , odds seem to favor mainly DE Maine in this one. I can’t recall many storms that trended south in a pattern like this . You could be right though. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hope so but in such a progressive pattern , odds seem to favor mainly DE Maine in this one. I can’t recall many storms that trended south in a pattern like this . You could be right though. 

Just passing info see my maps attached after you quoted. Also U 850 anomaly  is high expect a heavy precip event 

eps_u850_anom_eastcoastus_132.png

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Though as I was running this morning , the thought did occur to me that the block has forced the NYD storm south with secondary development enough to start as snow in SNE and keep NNE snow and ice. So I can see how that same blocking can force this one south moving closer in. 

Now ya thinking like I do. Marginal air mass we need all the help we can get.

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I have no idea. Just an obs when I looked...saw all the coldest 850s make a run towards Putin land as the block was establishing itself.

Would be ironic if we finally get great blocking AND a sswe and we rain. I think with that look though we can snow with a good track. We lose CAD swfe ability but gain KU potential.