Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah, initially it looks like it wants to scoot east with that voracity but redevelops as the ULL amplifies.  

Yeah it's a sloppy development....initial pulse of PVA is well west which is a red flag to me, but it doesn't really have room to amplify so it redevelops east....the QPF and clown maps will look fine, but there's a lot of moving pieces that will change over the next few days.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's a sloppy development....initial pulse of PVA is well west which is a red flag to me, but it doesn't really have room to amplify so it redevelops east....the QPF and clown maps will look fine, but there's a lot of moving pieces that will change over the next few days.

Yeah you’re right. I thought that would be way west at first but sort of develops east and near the baroclinic area. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah you’re right. I thought that would be way west at first but sort of develops east and near the baroclinic area. 

H5 low tracks in Ottawa, lol....tries to redevelop SE, but I'll take this with a grain of salt obviously until we get closer.

20 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes:

image.thumb.jpeg.a286f54835dda452f63d90f1d092b70f.jpeg

More technical:

image.thumb.png.ee41734fa8a3db2a23dedb1817c7ecae.png

I understand what we are after with these layuts... but using these geodetic boundary -type maps to formulate some sort of weather-related idea of "central" verse "northeast" has always been annoying -

For the purpose of what we do in here in the gawk-support group, ranging to professionally disciplined endeavors at NCEP...  There is no way NW Middlesex is Northeast, when S of there is Central  ?  ya know ... 

We should create a map that's sort of climo around ptype tendencies, for snow enthusiasts...   maybe have it overlaid with mean 32 F dashed line(s) where needed...  It would probably be arced...