Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Probably should be noted - or not ...  that the Euro really had 'dynamic evacuation' as it's real only limitation to a NJ model low scenario for that Jan 4 ... we spoke about this in the other NYD coverage ... There are GEF memberships carrying on with that -   just sayn' ...

These are all 'tweener' system really ... None of them are really connected to a modality ... They like the "weather-life" version of John Lennon's famous aphorism, "...Life is what happens while you're busy making plans"

So kind of like this is a storm that happens, when your busy looking for a pattern improvement? 

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup. Otherwise you become grumpy and yell at kids to get off your lawn. It will all end someday so why not have fun and be young until it does. 

So true!  Our lawn is the neighborhood ball field and the kids in the hood all know where the balls and bats are stored.  Grumpy is for when you find out things are bad-like a terminal disease for you or a loved one.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

So true!  Our lawn is the neighborhood ball field and the kids in the hood all know where the balls and bats are stored.  Grumpy is for when you find out things are bad-like a terminal disease for you or a loved one.  

Poor health is grumpy, fact. Everything else...let er rip. And what’s the point of having a lawn if all you do is keep everyone off. I’ll have fun patching it up afterwards. 

Saturday...

Drier air works into the region on Saturday as the system departs.
However, we will mix down some of the unseasonably mild temps aloft.
This should allow for an unseasonably mild start to the first weekend
of 2021. High temps on Sat should climb into the 50s and it is not
out of the question that a few locations across RI/SE MA flirt with

:wub:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol..sounds like he’s trying to drum up business/views/or likes...whatever it is that he feels makes him legit/popular. 

That’s social media now. I don’t go on it much. For every one educational tweet, there are about 500 others that stupify the public.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Saturday...

Great news for CT.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that is a pretty major storm actually...prob warning snows for a chunk of the area if it ran another 6-12 hours out...esp eastern half of SNE

Good timing because I was just thinking that I'm done with this winter until a major snow event is imminent.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Saturday...

Keep these days coming as long as we can.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

He’s extremely arrogant and condescending. Back in November he was hyping a “huge”, “historic” -EPO coming for December. He actually had an attitude towards anyone who questioned it. That turned into an epic fail. Not surprisingly that he’s back on the hype train for January. Everything is historic, huge and epic to him, and don’t you dare question him.....

He isn’t wrong for the mid Atlantic though. I’ve run similar studies of our big snow events down here and our best big snow look often has a trough in the N PAC along with a west based NAO block. It’s a big if, but if we do develop a west based NAO block the pac is just fine. Otherwise it’s crap. 

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I wouldn't consider you there, Maybe Brockton or 495 south?

Some would consider Plymouth and Bristol counties in which Plymouth county is one town away. But I tend to follow the weather in BOS. Only difference may be the ocnl CJ or perhaps cstl front that stays a bit NW of me, but pretty close to BOS overall. 

Anyways, hopefully snow for all except Methuen, MA.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

He isn’t wrong though for the mid Atlantic though. I’ve run similar studies of our big snow events down here and our best big snow look often has a trough in the N PAC along with a west based NAO block. It’s a big if, but if we do develop a west based NAO block the pac is just fine. Otherwise it’s crap. 

Not to dig into this, but if you have a big Bering Sea trough, forget it. You want the lower height anomalies more near or especially south of Aleutians. Can even have a GOAK trough. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Some would consider Plymouth and Bristol counties in which Plymouth county is one town away. But I tend to follow the weather in BOS. Only difference may be the ocnl CJ or perhaps cstl front that stays a bit NW of me, but pretty close to BOS overall. 

Anyways, hopefully snow for all except Methuen, MA.

Yeah, Your closer to Boston so i would place you in that area, Lol, Ray just threw his computer into the Merrimack.