Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Dude, relax.  I’m just asking...where did it get you? It was a ratter last year? Was it not?. Hoth was just saying we are off to a pretty decent start, and I have to agree.  We all know you had a real biggie last early December, but then it shit the bed.  That’s the point.  I’m thinking you’re gonna do better this year...just a hunch.  Or maybe it all goes to crap, and doesn’t snow again?  

Holy smokes...

I'm relaxed. Did you hallucinate exclamation into existence?

All I said was I was doing better snowfall wise last year at this time. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not sure why that triggered you into a defensive posture.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm relaxed. Did you hallucinate exclamation into existence?

All I said was I was doing better snowfall wise last year at this time. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not sure why that triggered you into a defensive posture.

Nothing triggered me at all. You were the one who was defensive, triggered and swore.  All I said was where did it get you?  I asked you a question.  

I guess that was being defensive?  

Whatever Ray.  

Just now, ice1972 said:

The season really is so short.....if you don’t get a good head start it’s tough not to feel like you’re playing catch up.....

I can understand that...I think we all can feel that way at times. But as we know, things can and do change very quick at times.  And ground can be made up for,  or lost very quickly.  

The only point Hoth and I were making, was we are actually doing fine so far...we aren’t behind at all.  The Grinch is making it feel worse than it really is currently.  But I get it, perception can be reality at times.  If we can get things rolling over the next couple weeks, we’ll be doing real nice.  

Let’s see what happens before we get too crazy.  At least that’s how I’m feeling currently.  But if you’re fired up and think it sucks ...that’s fine too lol. 

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nothing triggered me at all. You were the one who was defensive, triggered and swore.  All I said was where did it get you?  I asked you a question.  

I guess that was being defensive?  

Whatever Ray.  

You were defensive in that you felt that need to defend against anything that you felt I may be insinuating by simply pointing out the fact that last winter was snowier IMBY to this point.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You were defensive in that you felt that need to defend against anything that you felt I may be insinuating by simply pointing out the fact that last winter was snowier IMBY to this point.

Whatever Ray.   You took it totally the wrong way.  I know you had more snow last year at this time, than you do this year.  I was just pointing out it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.  We all finished horribly last year. And that was my only point.  So that’s why I asked you the question I did.  I wasn’t trying to bust your chops, or as you put it “Infer” anything on to you. 

It doesn’t matter.  It’s all good. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s encouraging.  Sounds great..Let’s get it rolling soon. 

It’s another interior hit, but it’s a really dynamic and intense storm. Fantasy land just fun to look at. As a chaser I root on the most obscene solution possible lol. Check out the total snowfall for Ne this run. Pretty crazy for interior.

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Whatever Ray.   You took it totally the wrong way.  I know you had more snow last year at this time, than you do this year.  I was just pointing out it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.  We all finished horribly last year. And that was my only point.  So that’s why I asked you the question I did.  I wasn’t trying to bust your chops, or as you put it “Infer” anything on to you. 

It doesn’t matter.  It’s all good. 

I honestly wasn't implying anything, and I know my area is the exception, not the rule.

I would still take this season over last...believe me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I honestly wasn't implying anything, and I know my area is the exception, not the rule.

I would still take this season over last...believe me.

And I wasn’t either, except I think we finish way better this year.  But Maybe I’m completely wrong?  

And Maybe we both misunderstood each other? 
Sorry if it came across the wrong way. 

It’s all good. No worries :-).  

let’s hope we can get one of these to work out for most us over the next week or so.  

46 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

And I wasn’t either, except I think we finish way better this year.  But Maybe I’m completely wrong?  

And Maybe we both misunderstood each other? 
Sorry if it came across the wrong way. 

It’s all good. No worries :-).  

let’s hope we can get one of these to work out for most us over the next week or so.  

I agree with you. I'd be suprised if we didn't do better this year....been some bad luck in the early going, but I'm confident that ends this month.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MJO812 said:

What a pattern on the GFS

Storm after storm and alot of cold air coming down after the 10th.

I’m not as excited. EPS has puke pac air entering the west coast underneath the block while the true cold gets trapped in Siberia. We may have to wait until late Jan for something special imo. Until then, marginal after marginal...

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m not as excited. EPS has puke pac air entering the west coast underneath the block while the true cold gets trapped in Siberia. We may have to wait until late Jan for something special imo. Until then, marginal after marginal...

Uh ? Awesome blocking signal on the eps starting around the 10th.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m not saying close the shades though lol. Just not dropping my pants and wrapping up yet, with a marginal airmass. Good thing though that it’s Jan. It will work for interior but CP peeps need to keep this in mind.

Well if you talk to some meteorologists from Twitter , the next ice age might be coming :)