Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Here's the high temps for ORH....the only day that remotel sniffed 50F was the 47F high in the warm sector briefly on Saturday thi past weekend. Otherwise......total snoozefest way to run a torch month.

image.png.3e86cff580e4f094be0b31f556d6954f.png

You know... that's a snow atmosphere too - 

I mean, you can see that with dynamics and a favorable track "UNDER" ( for f sake! ) our latitude, that's enough to get a blue cash-in or two.  It really is just like a "boring monster"

It's not just us -...I know I'm abusive in making fun of us in here.  But, I was in line at a typical grocery store cashiered and bag-girled by the usual sub-Millennials ... and I happen to hear one say to the other, "I wish it would at least snow again if it has to be winter... "   It's been on the news too.  At the gym, the overhead televisions muted, the weather person ( FOX, NESN ...Harv or that women on staff there that's so transcendedly hot you're just like pissed off! ), they're all putting up graphics comparing snow this season to other years and trying to put it in perspective. It's really them doing it for themselves - trust me.  I've worked intern for Harv and Mich Michaels back in the day, and met Mark "Frozen-then-thawed"  They hate this.  Trust me...they are miserable having to report the same punch-in 37-41 partly cloudy banality like a not so funny version of a movie starring Murray.  I guess it could be worse.  You could be an on-camera Met in the Pheonix market -

• Like 1

PV lobe is pretty far west this run on 1/26....lets get that involved and make it more interesting. Doesn't do it on this run, but that's not far off. Get it a bit southwest and that give us more upside in the 1/26 storm than there was previously.

Also this is a D7 prog so take it FWIW....I know I shouldn't have to mention this, but we have some short-tempered whiners recently with the boring weather

Jan19_12zEuro168.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It has been a very odd stretch in terms of warmth.  No really high max temps... lots of high min temps.  ORH is +7.8 for the month.

We do that a lot nowadays. More wv in the air and more clouds. Torched mins and slightly AN max temps.

• Like 1

Heh...one should not swing their emotional pendulum with this run..

Not sure how anyone can acknowledge in one hand that determinism ( predictability ..) is pretty much non existent beyond D 4 ...  then, turn around on the next cycle and frustrate over a Del Marva track... that is beyond D 4.

It's meaningless - futility of doing so all but absolute. 

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Eric Fisher just sent out a tweet to the effect of how remarkably similar the sensible results have been to last winter, despite diametrically opposed polar fields.

Been saying that, even though people want to rip my head off....I had more snow last year.

Same here.

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Eric Fisher just sent out a tweet to the effect of how remarkably similar the sensible results have been to last winter, despite diametrically opposed polar fields.

Been saying that, even though people want to rip my head off....I had more snow last year.

37.6" last year at this time, 21.8" now, Not even close.

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I had almost double what I do now, this time last year.  12.80" vs 22.25".  Thing is, last year crapped the bed and it didn''t snow again till March. 

38 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It has been a very odd stretch in terms of warmth.  No really high max temps... lots of high min temps.  ORH is +7.8 for the month.

This and what Ray is saying is why I agree with him on one of the worst seasons ever. BDR is +5.9, but if you asked most unknowing people they say it's been an average sort of chilly month. Nothing to track, nothing remotely enjoyable in terms of sensible weather. Nothing to enjoy like some random days of 60s and sun. Mundane on top of mundane.

Save a few bucks on heating? Weeeee. This is not a desirable torch. At least let it be actually warm during the day so people can open some windows and go outside comfortably.

• Like 1