Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Christmas Eve/Day Annual Scrooger Event

Baroclinic Zone

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You couldn’t let this weenie have a little hope? lol

At any rate this is an order of magnitude better than anything I’ve seen pre-Christmas in at least a decade so I’ll take it. 

Is that your yard or is your yard more sheltered than that? A sheltered spot with less holes prob has a shot. 

My yard is full cover right now and expect it will prob survive overnight since the warm rains prob won’t really drench it until tomorrow. 

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just got home from my dads in New Milford. Mainly gone all along 84 but once into the back areas still full. I’d say I have about 4” left 

Still full coverage here as well...Maybe 2-3.  It was actually a nice week with snow on the ground.  Coming in on Christmas eve with snow still on the ground was nice.

If I recall it stuck around longer than last December's early event that we had.

Oh well.  I made my peace, and said goodbye to the snow, until hopefully sometime in January. 

11 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Still full coverage here as well...Maybe 2-3.  It was actually a nice week with snow on the ground.  Coming in on Christmas eve with snow still on the ground was nice.

If I recall it stuck around longer than last December's early event that we had.

Oh well.  I made my peace, and said goodbye to the snow, until hopefully sometime in January. 

Yeah it was solid pack all the way out there this morning. He had 16.5” inches. Normally that area is a relative snow hole though he lives near the Sherman border and is about 500’. But New Milford always seems to miss out . I’ll wake up to nothing here . Plan on getting up by 4:00 when the big gusts start 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Every 5-10 minutes now can start hearing the wind  gusts increasing and ripping thru the trees out back . Temp up to 53 after being 49 when got home at 6:00. Had rained all the way home but the moon is now out with low clouds racing south north 

So when do we see the good stuff?

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I think we need some warm heavy rains cratering this stuff to really release it quickly. 

857CC441-3912-4E3E-BCD2-4D55B60A6FB0.jpeg

It takes a lot of energy to melt a good frozen mass.  I think some are under-estimating the staying power of 1-2” of water equiv.  This is a legit torch storm, but many areas have some respectable frozen water for their climo areas in December.

• Weenie 1