• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    feyt
    Newest Member
    feyt

Christmas Eve/Day Annual Scrooger Event

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And that weird crescent shape low wind area is the hrrr analysis of snowpack I think. Probably over analyzing as that snow is gonzo inside 495 tonight. 

It’ll be gone by dark . It’s literally vaporizing now 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And that weird crescent shape low wind area is the hrrr analysis of snowpack I think. Probably over analyzing as that snow is gonzo inside 495 tonight. 

Do you think there is room for a narrow dry slot ahead of the convective line? Looks like the hi-res models are kinda picking up on that. That would certainly escalate higher-end gust potential 

• Weenie 1

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is not Isis. That was a tropical system. This is just a synoptic event. It’s going to be fairly widespread. Best gusts just inland from south coast I think.  Might even have some weak daytime heating by a degree or two further east. 

No shit lol, wind field and LLJ however is as strong and similarly spatial. 

Just got a Robo call from Eversource about 70 mph winds and multi day outages, joy to the world

26 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Do you think there is room for a narrow dry slot ahead of the convective line? Looks like the hi-res models are kinda picking up on that. That would certainly escalate higher-end gust potential 

All things we discussed unfortunately are coming to fruition, fine line convection and dry slot. F Me

• Sad 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

All things we discussed unfortunately are coming to fruition, fine line convection and dry slot. F Me

Yeah definitely becoming more of a concern. And this is why I was more conservative with thoughts on wind...but if this convection does verify with that leading dry slot we are screwed...well especially out your way. There is some possibility though that the majority of the line end up passing more of E CT (which screws you but would be some better news for much of the state). 

already 48 here and milky sun, I caught the low level clouds cruising by this morning, I'm sure everyone has received their obligatory call from eversource telling you to expect what we already knew...and then hike rates afterwards to do more infrastructure improvement..

2 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Can’t recall a storm in the recent past(and we have had some high wind events) where Eversource called ahead and said expect to lose power and potentially for multiple days. This blows. No pun intended, lol.

I think it’s a combination of making up for their poor restoration efforts earlier in the year and also being Christmas/cold

48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’ll be gone by dark . It’s literally vaporizing now 

Since I prescribe to the notion of a white Christmas being one where snow is on the ground but not necessarily falling on Christmas, if I still have snow on the ground at 12:01am tonight can it still count as a white Christmas?

(Asking for a weenie)

• Weenie 1

Part of it too is I think they've probably been heavily briefed on this for several days. I mean this storm signal has been there for a week. They've certainly had plenty of lead time

Temps responding quickly here. Up to 48F now. NAM seemed to cut back on precip in eastern areas, which is fine by me. Now showing a little more than an inch by Saturday morning.

I am part of a group online and a lot of tree and linesmen have already been preparing for travel to here, if not already here, so hopefully that's a plus, it would really suck to loose power on Xmas, and then the temp dropping after would be even worse...up to 50 now

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

For Wiz:

I wonder if there is a small window to develop some discrete convection ahead of the main rain shield. There are subtle hints this is possible. Those 3km CAPE values aren't too terrible but it is also possible the shear is just too strong and those value might not be enough for updrafts to fully establish...or at least not enough to utilize the dynamics. 

29 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Part of it too is I think they've probably been heavily briefed on this for several days. I mean this storm signal has been there for a week. They've certainly had plenty of lead time

They had that with Isias too. If we have another statewide power failure starting tomorrow...what else is left for 2020 to bone us with?

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

They had that with Isias too. If we have another statewide power failure starting tomorrow...what else is left for 2020 to bone us with?

Well it's been quite a while since we've had a major ice storm. 

Thus far we had Isaias, tornado event/RFD induced damage, parts of the state nailed by the serial derecho, widespread 10-12'' snowstorm, let's put 2020 on....ice :devilsmiley:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

No shit lol, wind field and LLJ however is as strong and similarly spatial. 

Just got a Robo call from Eversource about 70 mph winds and multi day outages, joy to the world

Yeah. I received that call last night.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Mid 50s and dews in the mid 40s.  It’s freakin gorgeous out.

Yep tanning the nape off the reflected snow, reminds me of spring skiing apres.