Total Members
    Most Online
    DirectSEO
    Newest Member
    DirectSEO
WxUSAF

December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

Just now, Ji said:

we are at 27 in Leesburg, we are not going above freezing are we?

No your not.  You’ll maybe hit 34...wait that’s...nevermind.  

25 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You are not even half way done brother. Really nice band just south of Winchester coming in soon. Then heading your way.

image.thumb.png.804639f042c992bd5d101d7aa713a2af.png

Thanks for the heads up! I hope so.  It’s the most snow I’ve seen in 4 years, like many in the forum and I don’t want it to end. 

digging out will be rough. I’ve got a mile long steep driveway through GW Natl forest I’ll have to clear before I can get out.  But that just means I get to enjoy it longer. 

• Like 1

Temperature has been bouncing between 26 and 28 with a DP of 26. Flakes definitely bigger but nothing giant yet. Still very heavy rates.

• Like 1

33 and rain is bad, but 32 and heavy rain just hits different. Congrats to everyone out north and west!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravensrule said:

What do you think we have in Pikesville?. I'm on a dumb conference call and can't go out and measure. 

There was 2 inches about an hour and a half ago when I left to go home.  It took me that much time to get home.  695 and 70 were terrible.  

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Rate-driven battleground there it sounds like.

Yeah it was pinging pretty good then a flake or two mixed in then it went moderate for a few and the pings are mixing in again. Fun storm

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Yeah it was pinging pretty good then a flake or two mixed in then it went moderate for a few and the pings are mixing in again. Fun storm

You in Sykesville or Leesburg for this one bud?

Just now, osfan24 said:

Mixed in flakes was short-lived. Back to sleet. Guessing it was just a heavier batch of precip helped get some flakes to fall.

You’re by turf valley right? Think you’ll go back to snow after 8-9

+SN continues in Westminster at 27 degrees. Up to around 6” so far. Thinking if we can hold off the sleet for another 2 hours we’ll crack 10 for the storm, especially if we tack on any extra tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, DDweatherman said:

+SN continues in Westminster at 27 degrees. Up to around 6” so far. Thinking if we can hold off the sleet for another 2 hours we’ll crack 10 for the storm, especially if we tack on any extra tonight.

I am about to head out in about an hour and will take some pics of the road conditions.