Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,042
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting


WxUSAF

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

“Come in hot and heavy” is another thing that often doesn’t work out. That one dude from Blacksburg will have a foot on his patio table before I even have flurries. 

Yeah I'm not sure what sucks more, waiting on the front edge or seeing the back edge early

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

“Come in hot and heavy” is another thing that often doesn’t work out. That one dude from Blacksburg will have a foot on his patio table before I even have flurries. 

Disagree.  WAA starting earlier and heavier is one of the weenie rules that works out more often than not.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Half mile? I'd extrapolate that you were probably sitting at 36/23 right now at your house

Its fairly close. The house the station is at sits at 640', I'm above 700'. Not sure that makes a big difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jeff B said:

Mappy, so the pressing question is where is YOUR weather station????  :D

Davis Instruments in CA being repaired. Solar capacitor shit the bed, wasn't holding a charge. Meant to send it back in March, but then covid happened and things went to shit. Anyways, hoping I have it back soon enough, took a while for them to get it. Thanks USPS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Gun to head we get 3" I say.  

 

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

That would honestly work at this point! I’ll set the bar there. :)

My bar is also set at 3"  Hmmmmm?  What was that?  Yes, I'll have the same as you guys.  Adding up the two storms I will have 3" rain.  Is your total in rain too?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...