Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,038
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020


wdrag

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

I'll take the 26 inches it gives Poughkeepsie, lol, but I agree with you about that cutoff in SE PA. Funky run to say the least. 

Way overdone for our area in Poughkeepsie even with ratios factored.  I think we get around 10.  Looks pretty but not going to verify as such up here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

NAM is clueless lol. This run's solution is laughable. I wouldn't even look at the NAM till tomorrow afternoon. No way the cutoff is that sharp and southeastern PA gets shafted like that. 

Because it doesn't have a foot in your backyard throw the run out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, David-LI said:

Because it doesn't have a foot in your backyard throw the run out?

No because it's an outlier.  I don't live in in SE Pa but there's no way that Northern Bucks County PA gets 5" while northern Ocean County NJ gets over a foot. Also it extends the heavy precip way further north than any other model. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Way overdone for our area in Poughkeepsie even with ratios factored.  I think we get around 10.  Looks pretty but not going to verify as such up here. 

Agreed. I wouldn't argue with an 8-12 forecast for our area. nam gave us 26 and gfs will give us 2. Split the difference, lol. American models suck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service New York NY
400 PM EST Mon Dec 14 2020

CTZ005>012-NJZ002-004-006-103>108-NYZ067>071-151000-
/O.NEW.KOKX.WS.A.0001.201216T1900Z-201217T1800Z/
Northern Fairfield-Northern New Haven-Northern Middlesex-
Northern New London-Southern Fairfield-Southern New Haven-
Southern Middlesex-Southern New London-Western Passaic-
Eastern Passaic-Hudson-Western Bergen-Eastern Bergen-
Western Essex-Eastern Essex-Western Union-Eastern Union-Orange-
Putnam-Rockland-Northern Westchester-Southern Westchester-
400 PM EST Mon Dec 14 2020

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 17
  inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph, especially
  along the coast.

* WHERE...Portions of northeast New Jersey, southern Connecticut
  and southeast New York.

* WHEN...From Wednesday afternoon through Thursday afternoon.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible.
  Hazardous conditions could impact the Wednesday evening and
  Thursday morning commute.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service New York NY
400 PM EST Mon Dec 14 2020

CTZ005>012-NJZ002-004-006-103>108-NYZ067>071-151000-
/O.NEW.KOKX.WS.A.0001.201216T1900Z-201217T1800Z/
Northern Fairfield-Northern New Haven-Northern Middlesex-
Northern New London-Southern Fairfield-Southern New Haven-
Southern Middlesex-Southern New London-Western Passaic-
Eastern Passaic-Hudson-Western Bergen-Eastern Bergen-
Western Essex-Eastern Essex-Western Union-Eastern Union-Orange-
Putnam-Rockland-Northern Westchester-Southern Westchester-
400 PM EST Mon Dec 14 2020

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 17
  inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph, especially
  along the coast.

* WHERE...Portions of northeast New Jersey, southern Connecticut
  and southeast New York.

* WHEN...From Wednesday afternoon through Thursday afternoon.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible.
  Hazardous conditions could impact the Wednesday evening and
  Thursday morning commute.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Snowman86 said:

Im excited like a little kid for christmas!!!

 

Amen

me too. 

I told my friends, I'm like an 8 year old with this stuff. I'm catching up on sleep now since I full intend to be out at Central Park for the duration. Luckily only 2 blocks away so I can come home, rejuvenate, then head back out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ny10019 said:

me too. 

I told my friends, I'm like an 8 year old with this stuff. I'm catching up on sleep now since I full intend to be out at Central Park for the duration. Luckily only 2 blocks away so I can come home, rejuvenate, then head back out 

Make sure you bring a yard stick and a camera.

Central Park needs 11.3 inches of snow this December to get the 30 year average to 30 inches. Don't let them under measure it as is often the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...