• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

1 minute ago, wizard021 said:

I had 6 inches an hour in the 2006 storm. Yes it is. 

Best deform band of my life by a mile, watching the snow come down like a wall was surreal. 

Sorry about the OT post, light snow here now and the temperature has fallen below 30.

I can see ~1"/hr I-95 sewd but not much more than that due to temp profiles near freezing. Bigger fluffier dendrites I think will be in the colder airmass, unless they get huge in NYC due to aggregation and a slug of bigger qpf heading in there.  I definitely expect 2" hr for a few hours this eve e PA/nw NJ and of course advancing northward during the night, 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Snow comes in like gangbusters and accumulates 1-2”/hr for several hours, then we see where the dryslot and mild level warm air gets. That plus what back end snow there is determines whether we get 6-8” or the 12” officially predicted here. I’m leaning toward the 6-8” for now but a delayed warmup aloft and decent burst of snow to end it could mean it really works out. 

JM a 6-8 fast thump would still be very impressive and the biggest thing around here in years....if that happens and some sleet tops it off I would call that a win.....

Started snowing lightly here around 2:40 pm - nice dusting...Will be on the knife's edge late this evening into Thursday on whether we get sleet and how much - will possibly be the difference between 6" snow/2" sleet vs. 12" snow (same frozen mass though!) - I'm fine with either - the thing I hate is rain in a winter storm.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mob1 said:

Best deform band of my life by a mile, watching the snow come down like a wall was surreal. 

Sorry about the OT post, light snow here now and the temperature has fallen below 30.

You should have seen the Jan 87 storm. It was evil. Not the biggest storm, but so intense i could not see beyond the tail lights in front of me for two hours. Had no idea where I was even going.And that was mid-day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

On TWC they said reports from DC are 1 to 3 inches before they changed. Not sure what parts of DC. They had intense band before changing. 

the airport only reported a Trace, but reports of accumulation in the city especially in NW DC. Adams Morgan around an inch, increasing the further you go into NW DC.