Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

how does it compare to weatherbell and other paid sites? Does it have UKMET 6hr qpf/mslp panels? i also relaly miss the soundings for the ECMWF on pivotal its behind a paywall now. 

You also get the 6z 18z euro which pivotal doesn’t have yet. I love stormvistas interface for some reason. Images load faster etc

53 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

I believe with the block and the 50/50 low this storm will trend farther south as we move closer. Aka it will be colder. Think this is the first philly to Boston storm of the year. Well see

We lose the PNA so there'll be a tendency for storms to cut.

That's guaranteed if the Atlantic blocking isn't as strong as forecast though the progressive nature of the Pacific driven pattern could offset that to an extent. 

8 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Id also rather have 4 6" events than one 24" event. Say for the month of December. I think most in NYC would agree that 15-16 was a shit winter and they got a lot more than average from one storm, but i dont think theyd be saying that if they got like a few small events in december, jan and feb spread out mostly evenly.

I think most in NYC would agree that most winters are shit winters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah.... I was going to say.... it’s a rainstorm. I’m not sure why people are holding out hope they’ll be glazed up... ain’t happening. Accept and move on.

Agree...it's not even what I consider a classic CAD setup. Maybe for NH & ME, sure but for MA not seeing it.

At 90 hours there’s almost a phase on the 6z euro while the 00z euro had the 2 branches well apart. 12z could be very interesting if this trend continues. I’m a bit low confidence on cold air being available for coastal plain on the mid week storm, but the end of the week storm different story maybe.

7 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

At 90 hours there’s almost a phase on the 6z euro while the 00z euro had the 2 branches well apart. 12z could be very interesting if this trend continues. I’m a bit low confidence on cold air being available for coastal plain on the mid week storm, but the end of the week storm different story maybe.

Hurtzadelphia?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Call me a grinch, but I’m not overly excited about the next week to 10 days. Any one of those SW could easily end up as a Rainer for a good chunk of SNE, as some models show.

I’d feel a lot better if I was north of like Southern NH and Vermont for these.

:grinch:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Call me a grinch, but I’m not overly excited about the next week to 10 days. Any one of those SW could easily end up as a Rainer for a good chunk of SNE, as some models show.

I’d feel a lot better if I was north of like Southern NH and Vermont for these.

The stars are more aligned for SNE, specifically for EMA, when the TBlizz index is negative. 

• Haha 1

Not sure what people are expecting, but it looks active with certainly some wintry chances in the northeast. It's called climo. Favored areas are N and W in December. However, it doesn't mean we all can't see something over the next couple of weeks. It looks better than it did a week ago IMO. Does it mean we score? No, it does not guarantee anything...but it's better than many December looks we've had previously.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not sure what people are expecting, but it looks active with certainly some wintry chances in the northeast. It's called climo. Favored areas are N and W in December. However, it doesn't mean we all can't see something over the next couple of weeks. It looks better than it did a week ago IMO. Does it mean we score? No, it does not guarantee anything...but it's better than many December looks we've had previously.

For sure. I had a few days off but earlier this week it wasn't looking as good as it does now for second half of the month. Trending in the right direction.