Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Call me a grinch, but I’m not overly excited about the next week to 10 days. Any one of those SW could easily end up as a Rainer for a good chunk of SNE, as some models show.

I’d feel a lot better if I was north of like Southern NH and Vermont for these.

I think you are too pessimistic.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not sure what people are expecting, but it looks active with certainly some wintry chances in the northeast. It's called climo. Favored areas are N and W in December. However, it doesn't mean we all can't see something over the next couple of weeks. It looks better than it did a week ago IMO. Does it mean we score? No, it does not guarantee anything...but it's better than many December looks we've had previously.

This pattern looks somewhat better than climo to me.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

NBD if it 40-45. More coming next week 

You'll prob keep at least some of the pack in the non-torch spots where the afternoon sun doesn't hit it.

But regardless, there's a good chance we reload next week. I think we're going to hit on one of these threats over the next 10-12 days.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I just meant that the chances are naturally better N and W. I think people believe a good pattern is snow from BTV to ACK. That isn't always the case.

Yea, I guess the distribution may be redolent of climo, but I think the ceiling is significantly higher..especially over SNE.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You'll prob keep at least some of the pack in the non-torch spots where the afternoon sun doesn't hit it.

But regardless, there's a good chance we reload next week. I think we're going to hit on one of these threats over the next 10-12 days.

Completely agree.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I guess the distribution may be redolent of climo, but I think the ceiling is significantly higher..especially over SNE.

I agree...but there's gonna be some that bitch if they don't have a foot OTG by Christmas. I'm optimistic going forward through the end of the month.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Scooter does all he can to have it melt. He can’t stand it when there’s pack and his is bare. I know how he works so I know why he’s posting that