Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Then I went south and messed up the HECS for them too. LOL

Phineas if you keep this up a you may be able to start your own mythology. I’ve heard that the Reaper is looking to hire a Metaphysician for the panic room. It’s your job for the asking. Metaphysician? I’ve got to stop taking Tips posts to heart. As always ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yup, We accept him with open arms up here then when you turn your back on him he's kicking mud all over you coat.

Pretty sure my punishment is coming when I flood out on Christmas Eve and get 5 inches of orographically-enhanced tropical rain that fills my basement and comes in the windows to ruin the kids Christmas presents. LOL

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Every fukking year.  No point fighting it.   I’ll never forget the near 70 xmas eve 2014.   A month later we partied like never before.

That was Xmas 2015.  65F straight to the summits on Xmas Eve.  I remember it because the cherished Stone Hut on Mansfield burned to the ground in the strong, warm south winds (hard to believe a “Stone” hut can burn but yes it can).

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That was Xmas 2015.  65F straight to the summits on Xmas Eve.  I remember it because the cherished Stone Hut on Mansfield burned to the ground in the strong, warm south winds (hard to believe a “Stone” hut can burn but yes it can).

Damn, a cutter so torched it burns your house down. That’s some serious damage!

I am really intrigued by the huge H5 trough as it tries and closes off a large upper low over the Northern Mid-Atlantic States and tries and forms a coastal storm southeast of the BM by Tuesday night.  I think the models come more in line with stronger development as the trough develops further and amplifies more throughout the next two days of model runs.  Where a few inches of snow, turns into a potential significant event!

• Weenie 3

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Surprised Tippy and Will not talking about it, but good chance at burst of snow tomorrow night dripping quick 1-2” interior and everywhere Tuesday ahead of the Grinch finger up the rear 

Damn, DIT, considering Tuesday that green finger is going to be mighty cold going in on Wednesday. As always ...

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Ya I remember that. Was news within the snowboard community at the time as it was being leased by the Carpenter family. (Burton snowboards)

If I remember correctly some people were pisssed because his sons carelessness with drying out firewood caused it. I believe the family generously donated towards its rebuild however.