Total Members
    Most Online
    Jerry Korkos
    Newest Member
    Jerry Korkos

October 30 Observation Thread

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Biggest storm of season possibly 

Have seen this over and over today by multiple people. Lol. Haven't seen anyone say hey great start to a long snowy winter. 2020in has taken over any sense of positivity 

• Weenie 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Have seen this over and over today by multiple people. Lol. Haven't seen anyone say hey great start to a long snowy winter. 2020in has taken over any sense of positivity 

I think a lot of people were/are expecting a very poor winter. Even before today 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I'm just looking forward to tracking a few good storms. Unless, civil war and all that.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think a lot of people were/are expecting a very poor winter. Even before today 

Ny Mets?

Already down to 28.7. Par for the course never a first frost here. Right to straight hard freeze. Prior to today lowest temp was 38.1

You didn't frost yet?

4 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

You didn't frost yet?

Not close . Under 600 feet has but never here until winter. It’s always windy on those radiational nights. I always go straight freeze. I just picked 20 green tomatoes yesterday .

DYoqR9L.jpg

• Like 1

Not close . Under 600 feet has but never here until winter. It’s always windy on those radiational nights. I always go straight freeze. I just picked 20 green tomatoes yesterday .

DYoqR9L.jpg

A few of those will turn.

I'm going with 2.5 here in Enfield, although by the time I got home there was a wide discrepancy in the amounts between colder and warmer surfaces.  There may have been near 3" at the height of the storm on colder surfaces but my son forgot to get a measurement  as he was too busy building a snowman.  Not bad for death valley.  

9096.jpeg

• Like 5

Not sure if this means anything but the fact this October snow was focused towards eastern MA, and Boston, is there a potential that the winter could be better than 2011-2012?

• Weenie 3

21 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Looks like BOS final is 4.3.   Basically 4x the previous monthly record for October.

I wonder what the return rate on that would be in the historical probabilities given how far that number is from the old record...in a location with very long POR. 

52 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I know my comment was completely in jest as I believe most here are. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Looks like BOS final is 4.3.   Basically 4x the previous monthly record for October.

Just awesome. I def. didnt expect that, don't think anybody else did either TBH.

Anybody know where the official measurement is being taken now? I know Scott mentioned it wasn't at Deer Island anymore.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Already down to 28.7. Par for the course never a first frost here. Right to straight hard freeze. Prior to today lowest temp was 38.1

Yup, never woke up to a frosted lawn or garden. Pretty wild.