• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2020-21 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Hoosier

Not gonna pretend that I'm optimistic for next week. It looks as usual too progressive on the operational modeling in that timeframe. The trend on the EPS last 2 runs to become much more northern stream dominant, which was the more likely outcome anyway, really diminishes the chances for anything to work out for us out here.

All I can say is that it's far enough out for changes to occur from the current look. The cold looks like it'll be legit not very modified Arctic air, so all we can do at this point is hope that somehow we can get some snow down for what looks like it could be a very cold Christmas period. CAD for Christmas would certainly be a nice cherry on top of 2020 lol.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 12:01 PM, Snowstorms said:

Without diving into too much detail, both the GEFS and EPS offer some hope after Dec 10th. The current +PNA retrogrades into the EPO region and that offers up our first legitimate cold shot of the season ~Dec 12-14. Would likely feature a rainer around that time frame before things settle into a wintrier pattern thereafter. Eventually due to the background Nina forcing, the ridge makes its way towards the Aleutians/AK which cools most of Canada down as the PV sits overtop. In other words, the current Nino like pattern eventually gives way to a more typical Nina like December around mid-month. There is also increasing chances for Arctic blocking around mid-December as well. I’d say our first winter storm will be ~Dec 15 to Dec 20. 

Was close. Winter storm was too far east. :(

• Like 1