• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish

September Discobs 2020

It’s been pouring here the last 30 mins or so. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some localized flash flood warnings if it continues.

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

It’s been pouring here the last 30 mins or so. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some localized flash flood warnings if it continues.

Pwats are around 2.3-2.4". These are going to be some real gully-washers.

Just now, George BM said:

Pwats are around 2.3-2.4". These are going to be some real gully-washers.

Yea it’s tapped out here and still going. Certainly tropical-like in that regard.

1 minute ago, coolio said:

Forecasts have mentioned Thunderstorms throughout the day, but it's been just rain. Anyone hearing any thunder?

There is lightning showing up on Radarscope - so there must be thunder somewhere in the storms! 

1 minute ago, coolio said:

Forecasts have mentioned Thunderstorms throughout the day, but it's been just rain. Anyone hearing any thunder?

Yea I just heard a couple of rumbles

Is this weather really buzz everyone's phones worthy?

The axis that the storms seem to be moving along seems interesting though, I suppose the training may cause some real flooding

2 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

The axis that the storms seem to be moving along seems interesting though, I suppose the training may cause some real flooding

You don't have access to radar?

We're up to 2 inches here, with occasional thunder.  I can't remember the last time it rained this hard for so long.

6 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Who is ready for a drought?  This is is getting ridiculous...

12z gfs takes Sally over us in the long range after hitting FL as a major cane.

13 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Storm motions are likely going to be slow with very weak flow aloft. PW is 2"+.The flash flood risk is legit.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Storm motions are likely going to be slow with very weak flow aloft. PW is 2"+.The flash flood risk is legit.

I'm keeping an eye out. It's a bit SE of me, I'm wondering if I'm going to get in on the action.

I am a bit tired of how wet everything is.

Just now, CAPE said:

Working on 1.5 hrs of downpours here. Glad I took my MTB in for service because trails are gonna be a mess after this.

19 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

There are 3 to 4 water rescues in progress in Montgomery County with plenty of heavy rain still occurring. Is that not a valid CMAS activation for a FFW? 

Just now, Kmlwx said:

There are 3 to 4 water rescues in progress in Montgomery County with plenty of heavy rain still occurring. Is that not a valid CMAS activation for a FFW? 

I admit I was wrong. I was just surprised to get the CMAS, I've been in lots of warning situations here without it and I'm not even in the warning box.

Have had a little bit of off/on showers 79/76 outside

82 with 72% humidity inside! 

6 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

I admit I was wrong. I was just surprised to get the CMAS, I've been in lots of warning situations here without it and I'm not even in the warning box.

FFW always has triggered my CMAS. I'd turn on your test notifications to see if you get the test ones. I have a coworker that wasn't getting about 50 percent of the CMAS notifications

• Like 1