Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

Just dropped into the 30s. 

Pretty spectacular temperature gradient coming home from Conway. 57 in No Conway, low 50s in the Notch, 51 at the AMC Highland Center. Dropped 4 degrees to 47 in the first mile after the Highland Center, then down about a degree every mile; 43 at the Hotel, 41 at the top of my driveway, 40 at my house (about 10 feet lower than the top of the driveway)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Stuck at 40. I can't keep pace with the king radiators.

You’ll probably be like me...a quick drop in the evening and then it sorta levels off as the cold drains into the valleys. I’m at 43° on the hill, but the lower els around me are about 3-5° cooler. You’ll have cooler daytime maxes as a trade off. It’ll be even more extreme in winter. If BML hits -30° you could even be around -20° with a bit of a breeze. The old Randolph COOP from the 1940s hit -30° on one of the state’s coldest days on record in Feb 1943. CON and PWM  had their all-time records of -37° and -39° respectively with that.

10 hours ago, rimetree said:

53.4. I like those first nights of fall where you can see your breath outside. 

Splurged on a new Davis VP2 ahead of my 50th next week. Wife isn't all that impressed that I've been geeking-out over it the past couple days. :weenie:

Which model did you go with? You’ll have fun with it.